Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When Will Outlook Add-In Support 4K Displays and Add New Functionality/Features?

Copper Contributor

When Will Outlook Add-In Support 4K Displays and Add New Functionality/Features?

Given that it seems most of the app is now 4K supported, when will they be updated the MS Outlook add-in that shows up in the toolbar (Ribbon)? The icons are so small and it would be nice to see a full update on the add-in.

I would argue they should look to drammatically improve the add-in altogether and try to put it on par with what other providers have made available i.e: Salesforce.  Anything in the works in this regard?

Thanks

Administrator

Re: When Will Outlook Add-In Support 4K Displays and Add New Functionality/Features?

Hi Jag,

There is currently development going on around a new Outlook add-in, however this is not designed as a replacement for the current add-in, rather as a complementing add-in delivering new functionality. I'm afraid I don't have any more details to share about it though at this time.

Would you kindly take some screenshots on your 4K display showing the issues you see with the current Outlook add-in? Sadly I don't personally have access to one in the office.
Copper Contributor

Re: When Will Outlook Add-In Support 4K Displays and Add New Functionality/Features?

Hi Gary, 

See screenshot below.  You'll see on a 4k display the icons are every so small and this is the case throughout any interaction with the plugin/addin.  I'm hoping the new plug-in that is being developed has a lot more functionality as this is something i feel is really lacking in Act at the moment (integration with Outlook beyond just syncing and email attachments).

outlookaddin.JPG

Thanks

Administrator

Thanks for this Jag.

Logged as Defect D-04383.
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary, thanks but it's extremely concerning to me that nobody has picked up on this issue before. 4K displays are all over the place and Swiftpage needs to get ahead of the curve. They are falling further and further behind and we've seen zero development or updates on the Outlook Plug-In in years.