Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

When Attempting to Generate a Quote the Excel table in the Word Doc is not Generating the Quote Information or Taking Changes

When Attempting to Generate a Quote the Excel table in the Word Doc is not Generating the Quote Information or Taking Changes

[ Edited ]

I have a user who is running Act 16.2 on a Windows 7 machine, our Office version is 2007 with Outlook/Exchange 2010. When he attempts to generate a quote from the opportunities tab the quote will begin generating but then he receives a 'template error' and then the quote generates in Word with what looks like the appropriate table, however the quotes information is not there and the table is just an image rather than the usual Excel table and you cannot click it and input data cannot click it and input data. Below is a screen cap of the error he is encountering. 

Act Opportunities Quote Error.png

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: When Attempting to Generate a Quote the Excel table in the Word Doc is not Generating the Quote Information or Taking Changes

Before...

Do not forget to periodically back up your database - including attachments - in a folder created for this purpose. - Then copy this ZIP file to a USB stick or external drive for better security.

Keep in a safe place the Act! administrator password.

3.png

The original template files maybe are damaged    -  You can try with the original template files...  copy paste from templates within your Demo database. (This demo database is on all computers that are Act! installed)

1.png

.......................................................................................

2.png

Good luck and best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Re: When Attempting to Generate a Quote the Excel table in the Word Doc is not Generating the Quote Information or Taking Changes

Okay I copy/pasted the files from the Demo version as instructed, unfortunately I still received the same results, any suggestions as to what is next?

Bronze Elite Contributor

I know this sounds odd but run a repair of MS Office.

Employee

It would be interesting to know if Excel can open the quote.xlt file on it's own without error

Bronze Elite Contributor

If this is PC specific I expect that something is wrong in the options settings of Word.

Look at the Add-in section to make sure they are loading and also the Advanced area to make sure update automated links is ticked.

Compare the settings with a working PC.