Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What should I do with the record of a company that is out of business?

Copper Contributor

What should I do with the record of a company that is out of business?

I just want some suggestions. I don't want to delete the records (contact and company) but is there a way to make them inactive? What have other people done? Suggestions welcome Smiley Happy
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: What should I do with the record of a company that is out of business?

I have a status field that I mark as "Inactive". I often find they can re-appear later at other organisations and are pleasantly surprised when I can recall all our past history
Copper Contributor

Thanks. I'm not sure if I'll go that route mainly because if I do a look up by Record Manager and a mass mail merge (email for example) they re still included, right? I was thinking of maybe creating a new user "Dead Accounts" and assigning those accounts to that. I think we have an extra account left anyway. What do you think? I wish there was an active and non-active switch.
Copper Super Contributor

You might want to consider 2 options - Out of Business as an ID/Status for both company and contact or a checkbox for Out of Business. Either way, you could create a group with dynamic group membership and write the query to exclude those so that your marketing, be it mail or email, would not be sent to those contacts.
Thanks!

Leanne Evans
sosoftsol@gmail.com