Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What is the right way of scheduling a Call or Activity?? Please Help

Copper Contributor

What is the right way of scheduling a Call or Activity?? Please Help

Newbie here - (2nd Question)

I login to Act - I come up as the default contact...... (lets say contact # 100)

I nagivate to say contact #145 (John Doe) who I want to remind myself to call next week, so I press the 'schedule call' - select the approrite time next week to call -- (the schedule with field has 'John Doe' in it.... ) I fill out 'regarding' and make sure that the 'schedule for' field says my name - then I exit....... afterwards under John Doe - the scheduled call shows in his activity list.......... It does not show up in my activity list?! (It shows up in my calander)
I would think that when I login --- and my record comes up - if I select the activities tab, that all the calls and meeting and to-dos that I have scheduled should show up - so that I can easily get these things done or amend them....
As I continue to test the features of ACT - I can get activities and scheduled phone calls to show up under me (my record) but in order to have activities show up - I have to schedule the call or meeting while my contact record window is up....and within the schedule window, I have fill the 'schedule with' with MY name.....then when I open up my record the scheduled call is there - but looks like I have scheduled a call with MYSELF!!!! Aggggggg --- Please --- someone show me the light!!!!!  what am I doing wrong (I have gone throught the video tutorials) Thanks in advance  

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: What is the right way of scheduling a Call or Activity?? Please Help

The activities tab on the contact record is specific to activities scheduled with that specific contact. That means that the activities tab on your My record will only show activities you have scheduled with yourself, not activities you have scheduled with other people.

What you are looking for is the Task List that can be filtered like the calendars and can show you all the activities you have scheduled with other people. The task list is basically a list type view of the calendar.

Hope this helps clear things up.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Re: What is the right way of scheduling a Call or Activity?? Please Help

In addition, when I look at my calender view on the right hand side appears a list of all the activities/tasks that I have scheduled or someone has scheduled for me for on that day.

If the calendar view doesn't show your tasks, make sure you are selected as a user (click the button on the top) also be warned if looking at your calender in the week to view or work week in columns the activites on the left only show for the selected day not the whole week.

Hope the above makes sense.

Anna
Office / Outlook 2007
ACT 2007 (9.0 v 9.01.162)
Copper Contributor

Re: What is the right way of scheduling a Call or Activity?? More Help needed

Thanks - so far...I now see that I can use the task list - and see all the calls, meetings etc that I need to make......and in activities I put activities to myself (and they easily show up in a report) wen in my record - I put notes...they show up under my record - but do not show up when I create a 'note/history' report ...

Is there a way that I can make a report on that task list? (that, combined with my activity report) would show my employer all the items I have worked on for any given period)

I have 2 more questions that if answered I think I will be rolling nicely with ACT 10 Prem...

1.How do I create a report, that has the items from my task list?

2.How do I create a report that shows my notes??

Again - Thanks to all in advance (should I post seperatly for these questions? - I will try)

Copper Contributor

Re: What is the right way of scheduling a Call or Activity?? More Help needed

newatatc wrote:

Again - Thanks to all in advance (should I post seperatly for these questions? - I will try)

Please note new topic for these questions ---> HERE