Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What is the limit on info to sync?

What is the limit on info to sync?

Got latest ACT 10 Premium. One of my guy's laptops will link to sync, but goes for about 18 hours, when I get an Out Of Memory exception. I have cycled this several times, sometimes syncing for well over 24 hrs. After 2 hours on the phone with a valiant effort by Sage's finest, problem still not resolved. I checked the Microsoft and ACT website, and the best I can tell, the exception from the 'puter says that the 2 gig on the laptop, 4 gig on the server, can't handle the volume of info. Thusly, I'm to the point where my guy's two days of work will be lost, as the only thing I know to do at this point is create another remote database. Anyone have any ideas?
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: What is the limit on info to sync?

First thing you want to check is if you are syncing attachments, how many total attachments do you have? Large amounts of attachments can cause issues when synching. Second, has any mass changes been made to either main or remote database such as an import, or changing contact access for a large group of contacts? You'll want to check the sync preview report for both databases to see how many changes have to sync. You can find this report in the ACTDiag on each machine. You'll pull up the ACTDiag through Start/Run, click on Databases/Database List, right click on the database and go down to Database reports / Sync Reports and select Sync Preview Report. This report will show how many changes need to sync. If it does come down to re-cutting the user's remote, you can save his two days of work but exporting out the changes made since the last time he was able to sync into the main database, then re-cut the remote database.

Yes, have lots of attachments. Actually using ACT to post sales opportunities and quotes. Sounds like my theory is correct. Maybe streamline data transfer in, oh, say ACT 12 or 13? THANKS for the response!

I am having this same problem and need to export a weeks worth of work before I re-install a new remote database. Is there a How -To I can read about exporting the data that has not synced? Do I export as text delimited? And how  do I re-import the unsaved work into the new remote database?

Any suggestion or help is much appreciated.
Platinum Elite Contributor

c3controls wrote:
I am having this same problem and need to export a weeks worth of work before I re-install a new remote database. Is there a How -To I can read about exporting the data that has not synced? Do I export as text delimited? And how  do I re-import the unsaved work into the new remote database?

Any suggestion or help is much appreciated.

Backup the remote (using File Backup) restore to the server (File Restore Restore_As) - then you can merge the remote into the publisher and re-cut it.