Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What if I install Act! V19.1 Premium Web And SQL Server 2014 on a different Drive than C ??

Accepted Solution Solved
Nickel Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

What if I install Act! V19.1 Premium Web And SQL Server 2014 on a different Drive than C ??

Hello,

What problems can I have later if I install Act! V19.1 Premium Web   And   SQL Server 2014 on a different Drive  than C..??

1.jpg

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author juancarlosoterogarcia
‎05-11-2017 01:21 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: What if I install Act! V19.1 Premium Web And SQL Server 2014 on a different Drive than C ??

You may request this as part of the installation but in fact some of both ACT and SQL will still be installed on the system (Normally C) drive as this is the only way it will work. The result is an installation spread across 2 drives and therefore I strongly suggest against this as its is very bad practice.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author juancarlosoterogarcia
‎05-11-2017 01:21 PM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: What if I install Act! V19.1 Premium Web And SQL Server 2014 on a different Drive than C ??

You may request this as part of the installation but in fact some of both ACT and SQL will still be installed on the system (Normally C) drive as this is the only way it will work. The result is an installation spread across 2 drives and therefore I strongly suggest against this as its is very bad practice.

Nickel Super Contributor

Thanks

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Administrator

Hi Juan Carlos,

Act! is designed to work in such a scenario, and we aren't currently aware of any known issues with installations on non-C drive locations.

@ch1p, could you comment on any issues you've come across which have been caused by such a configuration?

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been called in twice for different clients of other ACT ACCs where they had a split installation and both had sever performance issue. When I uninstalled and reinstalled as a single drive (CSmiley Happy installation it resolved. Just to add that this was on occasions 2 years apart and on different year releases of ACT.

Both had worked when installed but both had problems after updates where I think the issues arise.

I would never recommend a split installation of any software unless there is no choice.

NB: There is no problem if a different drive is the system drive and you install ACT on that.

Administrator

Thanks for this info ch1p.

We'll keep an eye out for such cases and will investigate further on any similar scenarios that get escalated in future.