Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

What Is Your Opinion On Upgrading from 22.0 to 22.1 Update 4?

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

What Is Your Opinion On Upgrading from 22.0 to 22.1 Update 4?

ACT is hosting our DB as all users operate with a RDB copy.

Should we upgrade our remote copies to the current version?  

I'm asking because I've seen several comments about problems beyond 22.0.

Thanks,

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.0.205.0 Update 3
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: What Is Your Opinion On Upgrading from 22.0 to 22.1 Update 4?

[ Edited ]

WAIT !!!

ACT 22.1 dropped a number of Outlook integration features which are scheduled to be reinstated with a patch before the end of this month.

More info here -

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360050478694?_ga=2.119975296.946496602.1598190042-817563020.1...

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

As always, chip, you provide responses that focuses on the question.

I did check the link below, and it appears that everything has been fixed.  Here's what has been fixed:

1. Contact picker dialog for 'Attach to Contact' only contains contact name, not email and company columns.

2. Matches on just the primary email address, not on all email addresses for the Contact.

3. No option for a user to change History settings on the fly - no “Send” window button/dialog.

4. “Attach to Contact” cannot attach multiple emails to a selected Contact as in “Quick attach”

All show fixed in Update 4.  That leads me to ask if there others still not resolved?

Thanks, Chip, and hope you, your family, friends, and colleagues are staying safe.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.0.205.0 Update 3
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I've had so many issues with the Outlook Add-In, it's terrible. However, if I'm reading this right, I sure hope the next update fixes EVERYTHING. I guess I will hold off on Update 4, unless people comment and say it's a big improvement.

-Remember to always test your product before release! LOL!
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

I can confirm that from my own and clients experiences UPDATE 4 is a major step forward. I have had to run a repair of office on a couple of installations and I believe this was caused by underlying issues with Outlook that the ACT upgrade exposed.  I understand your reluctance to jump in with update 4 so keep watching the forum as others share their experiences. Just so you know I always tell it as I see it so would not hesitate to tell you if there were problems I know about.