Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Web Interface Fields not Syncing with Desktop

Web Interface Fields not Syncing with Desktop

We have recently added a few fields to our desktop interface. These new fields are not showing up on the web-interface. Any ideas on how to get these to sync?

Thank you for your help!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Web Interface Fields not Syncing with Desktop

Hello UW_CALS,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Are you using the same layout for the web database as you are for the desktop database? In the web database, go to Lookup>Other Fields and see if those new fields are available in the field dropdown list.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi, Thank you for getting back to me! Yes, the layout looks the same for the web database as for the desktop database, without the newly added fields. The new fields are available in Lookup>Other Fields, but are not showing up on the individual contact view. Thoughts? Thank you!

[ Edited ]

Not to berate the point, but even though the layouts make look the same, make sure it is the exact same layout file as the one being used on the application side. Since the fields did make into the database, the issue would seem to be the layout. Trying changing the web layout, then changing back to see if the reload makes the field visible.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greig,

Thanks for your help with this. I guess the whole problem is I don't know how to change the web layout. I know how to do it on the applicaton, but can you be a little more specific with your instructions on how to change the web layout?

Thank you again.

You can change the web layout being displayed from the layout dropdown on the far right of the Contact Detail View toolbar.

Greig Hollister

Got it! Thank you so much. That was a suprisingly simple solution!