Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Web Info functionality on an Opportunity

Copper Contributor

Web Info functionality on an Opportunity

Hi everyone, thanks for letting me join your great community.

Is there any way to get the Web Info page (or even that functionality) onto the Opportunity screen so that when it is selected it launches a web page passing the Opportunity Name field into a website URL?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Web Info functionality on an Opportunity

[ Edited ]

Hello John,
Welcome to the ACT! Online Community. At this time, the Web Info tab is only available for Contact records and Contact fields. A possible workaround would be to create a new contact field and enter the name of the relevant Opportunity in it...this field can then be added to a link under the Web Info tab. If you would like to see the web info functionality expanded for opportunities and other record types added to the software in an update or future release, please submit your request via the Share Your Ideas board on this forum.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for your reply Greig.  The problem is that there are multiple opportunities per contact and copying the opportunity name each time is not feasible.

If anybody else has any ideas I'd appreciate it but in the meantime I will certainly add it to the Ideas board.

Employee

[ Edited ]

Hey John,

The only way that I could see this being accomplished is via a custom plug-in would add an extra tab to the opportunity view similar to the web browser the contact view. There are plenty of ACC and add-on developers who create custom add-on/plug-ins for Act. You could drop a line in the developer's section of the community with your request or contact one directly.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your reply.  I think that is the only solution I have.

I will drop them a line and see what they say.

Thanks to both of you for your help.

John.