Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Web Info Page LinkedIn Crashes ACT!

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Web Info Page LinkedIn Crashes ACT!

I have recently installed Act! Premium (Web) Version 19.1.  LinkedIn also just refreshed their site.  The two are not playing nicely in the sandbox.  As I scroll through a list of contacts with the Web Info tab set to LinkedIn, I'm getting "out of memory" messages, The Social Updates tab set to LinkedIn now doesn't work at all.  

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author spsearch
‎03-23-2017 06:33 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Web Info Page LinkedIn Crashes ACT!

Good to know you're aware of the issue and working on it.  It is highly annoying.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi spsearch,

Unfortunately, These are currently both known issues in Act! v19:

• Web info tab "out of memory" errors: Logged as defect D-05628
  • Social Updates tab not working for Linkedin: Logged as defect D-05469

Regarding the out of memory error, this is most likely happening due to the fact that the new LinkedIn pages use significantly more memory than before. We're currently investigating methods of dealing with this new factor to improve LinkedIn compatibility with the Web Info tab. As a workaround, the Act! Premium for Web interface could be used for browsing the LinkedIn profiles of your contacts, as this handles the pages in a way that does not run into this error.

The search methods used in the Social Updates tab are scheduled to be updated to reflect the recent LinkedIn and Facebook changes in an upcoming update.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this is causing.

Solution
Accepted by topic author spsearch
‎03-23-2017 06:33 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Good to know you're aware of the issue and working on it.  It is highly annoying.

Administrator

Just a quick update:

The issue where the Social Updates tab was not working for Linkedin (defect D-05469 ) has been resolved with the release of Act! 19.2 Update 1. You can get this update now from the Download Center.

Copper Contributor

I upgraded to v20 after being told that the problems with the "social updates" tab would be fixed.  Even with the update2 patches for v20, Act still has all the same old problems... backward login screen, extreme performance delays in updating when switching between profiles, forget this page, etc.

And please, moderators, don't ask me to give more details on a problem that is well known by the act developers who cannot even come close to correcting.  I've wasted too much time with this BS.  It's fast approaching a year that act has been unable to fix this.  Flawed web platform from the ground up.  Act had the opportunity to fix this with v20, but they keep trying to patch it rather than fix the underlying problem.