Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Web Info Linked Browser Not Supported

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Web Info Linked Browser Not Supported

I've had this issue through several upgrades of ACT!  I'm now on Premium for Web v22.  The issue is with the Web Info tab for to LinkedIn.  I have a brignt red banner across the page saying "as of July 1, LinkedIn will no longer support the IE 11 browser. LinkedIn recommends the new browser from Microsoft. Download now".  I checked my default app settings and they are all set to Chrome.  How do I set up a browser that will allow functionality with LinkedIn? 

Susan 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Re: Web Info Linked Browser Not Supported

I am pretty sure it is a known bug. But, it appears that in spite of the warning it is now actually working better that it has in the last few years on my system. I am on V22.0 Update 4 and waiting for V22.1 U5 to be completed.

Bob Kennedy
ACC
Kenbar Solutions CT,CA & FL
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

Thanks, Bob. I'm also on V4 and optimistically hoping for a fix. I use LinkedIn a lot so this is highly annoying. 

Susan 

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

My understanding is that the Web Info tab uses a built-in IE widget, while the Open Browser option will use your default browser.

The web link for each network can be modified using the "Edit Links" button if you want to change the behaviour of the individual tabs.

I have done that a few times for the Google Maps link, for example, to display the Home Address rather than the Business Card address.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

A lot of functions in Act! used the internal IE browser to render content. This was the best way to do that in .Net
Over the past few years, they have been slowly replacing those functions with CefSharp (a Chromium based tool). But this is complex as the code is so interconnected that changing one part can break other unrelated parts.

I don't know what the priority for fixing that function is.
As mrogers said, clicking the Open Broswer button will open the page in your default browser till then.
Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

When I use the Web Info tab, ACT! crashes. Highly annoying.