Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Was creating a new field and under the Address 1 field red exclamation mark present?

Was creating a new field and under the Address 1 field red exclamation mark present?

I am very disappointed in this software.  It is not user friendly.

I was creating a new field and then suddenly I am not allowed to move any further because of a red exclamation mark error message next to  the Address 1 field.  When I hover it says, "Only list values are allowed for Programs.  Please select a value from the list."  There is no drop down though?  And everytime I try to go to the edit field it stops me and goes back to this error.

Please help I have wasted hours now with this stupid error.

Silver Contributor

Re: Was creating a new field and under the Address 1 field red exclamation mark present?

You may meed to terminate the program to get past the error. However, when you reopen, go straight to Tools, Define Fields.  Look at the fields you added.  Which check boxes did you select?  Make sure you didn't select a dropdown and also make sure the allow blank is not checked. Compare the values you selected with one of the other standard, stock fields.  Assuming the problem is with the field you created, you should be able to find out what was selected that is causing this.

Hang in there, there is a learning curve, but most of us have found it to be a great tool.

Test Drive Act! and Quickbooks over Citrix http://GoTryAct.com

Jon Klubnik| ActTrainer.com
(866)710 4228

ACT! Certified Consultant / ACT! Premier Trainer / ACT! Hosting Provider