Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Wanting to investigate doing email blasts using Act! (Web) 22

Tuned Listener

Wanting to investigate doing email blasts using Act! (Web) 22

Hi Everyone, 

Looking for tips and tricks about doing email newsletter dissemination using Act (Web) 22 .. Do you have any advice, tips or tricks and things that have worked for you? I have been using Mailchimp which I like a lot but with our list getting bigger costs will soon be adding up.

It seems if Act! can do it, I should investigate. 

At the moment when clicking Marketing Automation I get this response: 

You do not have permission to complete this action. Please contact your Administrator.

I am sure I can get past that - but tips and tricks would be appreciated! 

Act! (Web) Version: 22.1.212.0, Update 4

Windows 10 Home V 2004 

Nickel Contributor

Re: Wanting to investigate doing email blasts using Act! (Web) 22

I presume you are Self Hosting Act Premium in which case you would need to purchase the Act Marketing Automation which comes in 3 levels of pricing/features. This is a totally integrated feature that Act bought out the developer so it is their own product. Depending on the volume of e-mails you plan to send out you may find it very competitive to purchase. I have a small 3 user client who will save hundreds of dollars per year compared to what they are paying Constant Contact. There are also add-on interfaces for CC & Mailchimp available but they do not interface to the web access screen so you need to have Act installed for that interface.

Bob Kennedy
ACC
Kenbar Solutions CT,CA & FL
Tuned Listener

Re: Wanting to investigate doing email blasts using Act! (Web) 22

Hi Bob, thanks for your response. 

As far as I am aware we are not hosting our Act! database ourselves, I think Swiftpage host it for us on the Web. 

So Marketing Automation is an add on then? I will have to enquire about that. 

I am currently using Mailchimp and have used CC in the past. I am hoping Act! Marketing Automation could replace them. 

Kind regards 

Mark A