Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Want to manually select several Companies from list, then run report

Want to manually select several Companies from list, then run report

I need to be able to run a report on multiple companies at once.  In this example, a Lookup won't work since there is nothing they have in common - I just want to pick out several of them to run a specific report on. I need to do this regularly and it will be a different list of choices each time.  I would think that I could manually select (Ctrl + click) several companies from the Companies list, then right click to choose Run Report on Selection or even Create Group from Selection, but no.

Any ideas on how to do this?  I don't want to create a checkbox field that I have to check and then clear every time just to create a Lookup.

Thanks,

Fred

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Want to manually select several Companies from list, then run report

Unfortunately there is no other method to create a Company lookup for reporting other than based on a field value.  You would need to create a Yes/No field for the Report lookup.  When in the Company List view, check the Edit Mode box, then check off those companies to report on.  Go to Lookup/Company/Other Fields and select that field, with value being True.  Then run the report using Current Lookup.  Any easy way to clear all the checkboxes when you are done is go to Edit/Replace Field, then choose the checkbox and make the new value False.  This will uncheck the box for the current company lookup.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.