Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Want to Lookup Notes by Record Manager

Want to Lookup Notes by Record Manager

I am trying to lookup any contact record that has a note entered by a particular sales people.  The field is labeled record manager in the NOTES section.  I have found the record creator is different that the notes record manager. The purpose is to find a record that you  as a sales person have made contact with.  now, in our system, after a sales person has made contact and gotten the sale, fulfillment takes over and that person will make entries regarding the order, thus changing the 'last edited by' field.  Also, some orders come in and the sales person won't even know it.  Additionally, the original record manager might be different too because we are calling through an old databae in an attempt to clean it up, so some of the records are older and created by other sales people.  So I am unable to look up based on last edited and record manager. 

There are two end goals . 

1.  is to make sure that no orders have been fulfilled and the sales person doesn't get paid commission. 

2.  want to follow up on all contacts I have called and entered a note.  Again, someone else might have entered somethign after me.  I need it be a look up and not a report because want to work off the lookup. 

I would think there is a way to query a record based on note record manager. 

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Want to Lookup Notes by Record Manager

Hello ChrisAZimmerman,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it may get you closer: Use the 'Search on Keywords' option to pull up the contacts with Notes or Histories edited or assigned to a specific record manager.

- Click Lookup, select Advanced, select 'Search on Keywords...'
- Complete the fields in the following manner:
- Search for = user name
- Type = Contacts (all contacts)
- Look in = leave only Notes (and/or Histories) checked
- Click 'Find Now' (review results in pane)
- Click 'Create Lookup'

Greg Martin
Sage

thanks Greg.  I tried that but still returning too many records to display. 

I found your answer to this issue that i am having as well, it works great, except that, the create look up is grayed out and can not be pressed.  Would you be able to help on this issue.

Thanks

Administrator

Hi @FrankS,

Usually the Create Lookup option would be grayed out if there are 'mixed' results types (ie. contacts and companies) being presented. As these can't both be in the same lookup, the option to create a lookup gets grayed out.

Make sure the "Type" on the left hand side is set to "Contacts" - you'll need to click Find Now again to make sure that the search results update.

lookupKeyword.PNG

Thanks.  Works perfectly.

Is it possible to create such a lookup for a single date?  This would show how many notes and or histories added in a specific date.

Thanks

Administrator

There are some features to lookup records based on the date of notes/histories - simply go to Lookup > Contact Activity. This will allow you to see contacts that have had notes/histories created since a particular date - but there's no way to narrow it down to a particular day.

I also believe that unfortunately there is not a way to 'combine' these two techniques of Keyword Search + Contact Activity Lookup.
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

The question here refers to a „typical“ problem of ACT! that we’ve found already in the early days of the new generation of ACT! (2005 and up).

Act! is quite good at collecting and storing “raw data”, but it lacks tools to get them out again in the desired way, especially when it comes to cross references between entities and/or sub-entities like contacts and contact notes.

Melville-Schellmann has developed a data mining / business intelligence tool called MSControl which will use the ACT! database as “raw data” and can provide any thinkable analysis of that “raw data”.

The link goes to our German web page, but the program and the documentation is also available in English.

http://www.melville-schellmann.de/m_mscontrol.htm

Demo version from here:

http://www.melville-schellmann.de/download/testversionen/Setup_MSControl4.exe

Once you've set up a project you need 2 more mouse clicks to get the desired information....

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de