Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Waiting for data - list view no longer works for web users

Waiting for data - list view no longer works for web users

Ever since I updated to Act Premium 2012 SP2 (from Act premium 2012 SP1) my web user can't see anything in the list view. Everytime he tries to search for a contact (or any other field) it displays "waiting for data" and never shows anything.

If he click on detail view all of the contacts with that specific name (or whatever we entered into the look up) appear and he can go through them 1 by 1.

I've seen the knowledge base article that says this is caused by using an underscore in the database name and to change in IIS, however for us that is not the case. The name is APFW, there are no underscores.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Waiting for data - list view no longer works for web users

Hello srischall,
Do you have Sage ACT! Connect installed on the web server?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I'm not familiar with what that is. I don't beleive so...

It's just me and my business partner. We have my computer (acts as teh server) and his computer. He accesses ACT as a webuser through the intranet.

This was never an issue until a week or so ago.

OK, the answer is no.

We do not use Act Connect, nor do we plan to do so.

I have the same problem after installing Sage ACT Connect last night.  I removed the program and restarted the server but my Web access is still giving "waiting for data".  The client software works just fine.  Is there something I need to do beyond removing Sage ACT Connect??

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello sobebrian,
Have you installed the SP2 mobile update for your ACT! for Web 2012 on the web server? We have found that this resolves the issue. More information about this update is in this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2914...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.