Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Waiting for data... in contacts list view

Waiting for data... in contacts list view

We have installed ACT Premium 2012 Web version. Whenever using ACT through a web browser the list view in contacts just shows the message "Waiting for data...". When opening the Application on the server itself, the list view shows all contacts instantly. ACT, IIS, and the SQL database are all on the same server. I have restarted IIS and the SQL server multiple times, but I still can't tell what could be causing this.

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: Waiting for data... in contacts list view

Hello Rmlake13,

Welcome to the Sage ACT! Online Community!

Here is an article which addresses this issue: KB Article 27864

Greg Martin
Sage

I've seen the article already as I've searched around for a solution before posting. The virtual directory we're using is the default apfw and doesn't have an underscore in it.

I am having the same issue. It just started happening on a database that was reachable without issue. The strange thing is that I have other databases on the same server that are reachable without issue. Its just this one DB. Thoughts?

Have you found a solution for this yet. We are experiencing the same issue for my 1 web user.

This is a new phenomoenon as it was never an issue previously and we have been using hte same database since day 1.

It's very annoying because he can lookup contacts in detail view and cycle throughthem, however he cannot view anything is list view.

Thank you,

Re: Waiting for data... In contacts list view

The problem appears to be related to "bad data" in one of the fields to be displayed.  I figured out that if I removed the second address field from my view, I was able to see my data again.  I am thinking the "bad" data could not be displayed.  The challenge is that I have no idea, what the "bad data is.  My users were fine with the stop gap of removing that column from the view as they could still see the detail when they went into the actual record

So if I understand correctly, you changed teh columns that were being displayed in the list view, that way it would not include the bad data.

My next problem would be that I can't customize the columns in list view for my web user, any ideas how to do that. The pop-up is blank when I click the button for customizeing columns when I'm on that users computer.

I don't suppose anyone found a fix for this or figured out how to customize the columns without going into the list view?