Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Vista>ACT! by Sage Premium 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162> outlook 2003

moi
Copper Contributor

Vista>ACT! by Sage Premium 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162> outlook 2003

Hi,

Just owner of new laptop with Vista.  Install my ACT 9.0  and office 2003  but office outlook give me a problem.  The add ins and the function of the adress book are not availible.

I did all what is in found on knowledge base
but without result. (lost even all my emails)

The Add in (buttons act) and the extra tab with act function does not appeare. Also the Additional Address Books is not shown in outlook.

Is this a problem of vista or something else goes wrong ?  anyone has same problem and means i have to update to the new act. What means again 5 licence (just bought last year) and new licence for office vista!

That all does not make me happy so i hope somebody knows what is the problem and can give me a help. Many thanks in advange.

Marcel
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Vista>ACT! by Sage Premium 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162> outlook 2003

For proper Vista support, you'll need to upgrade to ACT! 10

Vista added extra controls for UAC and Administration that weren't added to ACT! 10
moi
Copper Contributor

Re: Vista>ACT! by Sage Premium 2007 (9.0) (EX Edition) Version 9.0.1.162> outlook 2003

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info. But because i changed (because of simulair problem with outlook) from web act to premium act I want to be sure of some things before I invest again in problems!

Do you know of office 2003 is good enough or must i also update this to the latest version of office?
Do I need also to update my other licences? We have 10 in the company now (act premium) or only on the pc that have Vista?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Marcel
Platinum Elite Contributor

Office 2003 is fine
All users of ACT! connecting to the same database need to be on the same version - so all would need up upgrade
I would think ACT! 9 for Web would work under Vista... and should also connect to Outlook 2003

ACT! 10 is better and woth the upgrade, but is definately required for Vista or Office 2007 that were released well after ACT! 9.0
Nickel Super Contributor

ACT For Web 2007 is not compatible if installed on a host machine running the Vista OS. ACT for Web is built under the premium platform and therefore not supported on Vista. If you are just using the Vista machine to access a web database hosted on another machine, there should be any issues since it is just using Internet Explorer. However, you may run into issues attempting to install and use the Outlook integration component on Vista.
moi
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the info. I will have a look at the update policy.  I start to get a little %%$·$$%%%  from updates. 

I remember my first act on a 3 1/2 inch disk, where i could speak and get support of the makers of it with no charge.  But i think is just part of live.

Thanks for the info again
Marcel
moi
Copper Contributor

Update to 2008 solved this problem.  Thanks for the help