Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Viewing a Contact's Groups

Copper Contributor

Viewing a Contact's Groups

When I am viewing contacts in "List View" is there a simple way to view which Groups a contact belongs to? Is it possible for it to be a column here?

I'd like to be able to view a list of contacts and see at a glance if a customer belongs to a specific group or not, without having to click 'detail view' then click the 'groups/companies' tab....It would take me forever to go through each contact this way...

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Viewing a Contact's Groups

I think it's not possible to add the Group as a field in the Contact List.

:-(

Additionally...

Do not forget to periodically back up your database - including attachments - in a folder created for this purpose. - Then copy this ZIP file to a USB stick or external drive for better security.

Keep in a safe place the Act! administrator password.

Good luck and best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Bronze Elite Contributor

Sorry but this is not possible in list view. Groups are relational and could be 1 or 100 so there would be no way of displaying them in a contact list view..

Administrator

You might be better off looking at this the other way around. If you groups are fairly simple. i.e. based off ID/Status, you could tell if they were in the group by adding the ID/Status column to list view.

Alternatively, if you only have a few groups you'd want to see membership of via the list view, you could create a new drop down field with the group names as selections and mark the contacts with the matching group names. You would then be able to add this field as a column for list view.
Copper Contributor

Hi Gary,
Thank you for the suggestions. We are talking about a couple thousand contacts though. Our groups are mainly based on their location/by territory of our Sale reps. So I'm not sure either of these options would work for us. Either way, it would require a large amount of data entry for someone.... most likely ME. lol

Bronze Elite Contributor

Gary's suggestion might not be that hard to do if you only have a couple of groups you need to track. If they are already in a group just create a couple of new fields that fit the description, now look up the corresponding group, create a lookup, now do a bulk edit of the lookup to update all the fields in the lookup.