Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View product name in opportunity

View product name in opportunity

In previous version we used the product name as a critical part of our opportunity process.  In 2010 we can not list the product along with contact, company, stage, opportunity name.  How do we see lists of products with opporunity name and contact like in the old version of ACT.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: View product name in opportunity

In ACT! 2010, Opportunities have been restructered to be more like contact records, with their own independent table, fields and tabs. The Product information is now all under the Product tab of each Opportunity record, so there are no product fields that can be displayed in the main body of the record. You would need to create a custom Opportunity in which to display product information.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig,

I am not sure what you mean by creating a custom opportunity that displays product information.  I know that I can look at an individual opportunity, but not create a list.  The old system allowed us to use the opportunity name to create "product classes" ie: Excel, Access, Powerpoint.  Then we used product list to further delinate which excel product it was.  Excel-Nov-09  (Excel November 2009)  so we could sort the subclasses from the parent.  Is there another way to do this.  We would like to see all opportunities with Excel-Nov-09.  Really, we would like to see all opportunties sorted by opportunity name then by product name (or another field that allows drop down box with product name like attributes)

Thanks

David

Bronze Elite Contributor

David,

Being able to have products in the Opportunities list view is not available in 2010 unfortuantely and many people miss it. In my view it needs to be made available again as people relied on it and could reasonably have expected it to remain in upgrading to 2010.

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Exactly.  We built processes around the functionality and then they remove the functionality.  It is now 5x more difficult to use and track our customers. 

David

I have a similar problem with the Country field.  In the past, I could do a lookup of specified Opportunities and then sort them by Country.  It doesn't to be possible to do that now.  Any ideas?
Platinum Elite Contributor

The Country field is typically a Contact field, so I assume you were looking up contacts from the Opportunity List then sorting those contacts by country. You can do the same in ACT! 2010. Just lookup the Opportunities you want, highlight them on the list, right-click and select Go To Contact, then sort the resulting contact list by the country field. The alternative would be to add a Country field to the Opportunities and sort by that, but this would mean double-entry...one for the contact records and one for the Opportunity records.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Brilliant!  Yes, that duplicates what I was doing before and works perfectly.  Thanks so much!