Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View custom (Crystal Reports) from within ACT

Avid Listener

View custom (Crystal Reports) from within ACT

We're running Act! 2010 Premium and would like to build some custom reports.  Clearly, Crystal is the way to go (the built-in report designer leaves a LOT to be desired).  I'm comfortable BUILDING the reports but . . .

Is there a way (or add-on) that will allow my users to be able to run these reports from within ACT?  Specifically, for the "current lookup".

I checked out CrystalClear Reports, and was initially excited, but from info on their web page, it doesn't look like they've updated their product since Act 6.0 (pre SQL?) 

I was hoping the ACT Reports were written with Crystal, but I tried opening an ACT report with Crystal XI and it complained that it's not the correct format. ;-(

Thanks all! 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: View custom (Crystal Reports) from within ACT

Bronze Contributor

Re: View custom (Crystal Reports) from within ACT

Scott,

As mentioned in the earlier post, at the bottom of the referenced URL is the "Crystal Clear Provider" - it's Crystal Clear Essentials without the reports - it does two things - 1) it adds your reports to the Reports menu in ACT! 2) it provides the hooks for your report to report against the currently open database.

Good product by a smart guy,

Kevin

Signature