Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View Email button - what is it's purpose?

View Email button - what is it's purpose?

Hello Everyone:

Hoping you can can help me determine the use of the View E-mail button in the Contact layout next to the Write E-mail button.  Is this to view email?  When I press this button, a new message comes up blank - meaning not addressed to anyone; when I press the Write E-Mail button a message comes up addressed to the contact.

Do you think this is working as intended? 

I am using Act! Premium 2010 (Hotfix 2) and Outlook 2007, Vista 64-bit.

Any feedback on this would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: View Email button - what is it's purpose?

If using the ACT! Email client, it brings up the email client to view your emails.

If using Outlook, it just does the same as Write Email

Copper Contributor

Hi Mike,

Is there a way to view my emails within Act? (2010, non-premium). I have my editor set to Act and "use Word" turned off in Outlook but View E-Mail button in Act still opens a new message.

Thanks,

Dan

Not sure how the button works if using the ACT! Email client (with Outlook or Internet Mail)... I haven't actually tried it as I think just using Outlook as the email client is the best option.

If using the ACT! Email client, try clicking Email on the left had nav bar

Copper Contributor

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I'm confused a bit though - what button on the left hand nav bar? What I want to do is to use ACT for all my email functions, read email, write, merge, etc. Thanks,

Dan

Hello Dan,

If using your Outlook account in conjuction with the the ACT! Email client in ACT! 2010, then clicking the "View Email" button on the toolbar should bring up the ACT! Email interface. It will show you your Outlook messages and folders as it just mirrors your Outlook mailbox.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Hi Greig,

Thanks for the reply. I'd love to this to happen in Act but whenever I click the View E-Mail button, I get the same result as the Write E-Mail button - a new blank email pops up.

Dan

Windows XP

Act! 2010

Office 2003