Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

View Databse in Read Only

Astute Commentator

View Databse in Read Only

I was told that there was a way to view the datase and pull reports in a read only format. How would I do that - we have act 2011 premium

Employee

Re: View Databse in Read Only

One possibility would be to use the OLEDB 2.0 reporting provider.

Here is a pdf document covering all of the data access methods to Act.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello rizzo66,
You can do this by logging into the database as a Browse level user. Go to Tools > Manage Users and either create a new user with Browse security level or change a current user (not the user you are currently logged in as) to Browse.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

do you need a license for this - we have a large number of admin people that pull reports from our database and we are trying to minimize the licenses we have to only those that input information

Platinum Elite Contributor

Only if you have to create a new user. Adding another active user will require using an additional license.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Astute Commentator

Re: View Database in Read Only

+

I thank you for the patience- Is there just a viewer that can be installed to access database for viewing

Employee

The data can be viewed outside of out in excel or any other application that can establish an ODBC connection, so that would include access, excel, crystal etc. You can also view the data from your data base through SQL management studio.

I'm not clear if this is what you are looking for or if the "viewer" needs to be in Act.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Astute Commentator

WE had a consultant install the system and every admin person had a license wether they manipulated the databasde or just ran reports - as we are growing and the salesforce multiplys the licenses are getting out of hand. A local rep asked why we were having licenses for people that dont use the database for other than reporting