Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Version 18 Crashing with Office 2016 integration - batch file not 100% applicable

Version 18 Crashing with Office 2016 integration - batch file not 100% applicable

I also experienced a crash of Outlook integration with my ACT 18 Premium version with 10 licenses running on a Terminal Server environment with Hyper-V. 

The batch file listed at

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580/kw/38580  is not applicable for restoring office version 16.04 except with a single license version.  I found out the hard way when Office was converted on my terminal server from volume licensing to a single license.  I had to do a restore of my system to last night from backup.  Not fun.  

AS of right now, I don't know how to get version 16.04 back on my Terminal server environment and ACT and Act Email crash on integration.  

Help needed. 

Administrator

Re: Version 18 Crashing with Office 2016 integration - batch file not 100% applicable

Hi Healthguy,

The batch file and steps listed in the KnowledgeBase article you followed are provided from Microsoft's own advice - I apologize if this doesn't apply for your system.  All Microsoft product advice is provided as a convenience to you, but in the case that these steps are unsuccessful I can only direct you to Microsoft's own support network.

As the article mentions, the current recommended build of Office 2016 is 16.0.4229.xxxx - and I can confirm that this build is known to be working in all known environments.

I apologize that I can't help you further with the downgrade process, but I'm confident that once the downgrade is completed your Outlook Integration should be up and running again - should you have any issues at all after the downgrade, we'll do all we can to help.

Re: Version 18 Crashing with Office 2016 integration - batch file not 100% applicable

ok so I understand there is a problem between integration with certain builds of Outlook and ACT.  I have tried the fixes recommended, they are not working for me.  But in the process I have to see developed another problem.

I decided to use the native ACT! email since I seem not to be able to work with Outlook, BUT it seems my native ACT! email program has disspeared.

act-email.JPGact2.JPGact3.JPG

Re: (Solution ) Version 18 Crashing with Office 2016 integration - batch file not 100% applicable

Microsoft had a solution for me.  

First, open WORD, Excel or ACCESS and turn off Automatic Updates.  

Go to Windows Key on the Terminal Server.    Type CMD.   In the window, enter the following command(s)

Capture2.JPG

It took about 15-20 minutes to download, 5 min to update.  I had to re-login everyone on their 365 account , but worked flawlessly.   

Administrator

Re: (Solution ) Version 18 Crashing with Office 2016 integration - batch file not 100% applicable

Fantastic, thanks for providing that information @healthguy, that's really helpful!

We'll make sure to pass that advice on to any other users having issues downgrading their terminal server environments - was this information from an article or Microsoft KB? It'd be great to a have a source, if you've got one.

@rsangari - Looking at the versions you've provided there - it looks like you're unfortunately running one of the affected Office builds. We're currently recommending that anyone running 16.0.8201.xxxx revert their office version back to 16.0.4229.xxxx.

We have steps and more information on doing this in our KnowledgeBase Article:

The title/symptoms of this article may not exactly apply to the issue you're experiencing, but the steps detail our advice on rolling back to a known working version of Office.

[ Edited ]

Jon, any ideas what has happened to my native ACT! email and how i restore it??

I don't have any email in ACT now, Outlook or native

1.JPG2.JPG

Administrator

Unfortunately one symptom of having an affected version of Office installed is that the Email System list in Act is completely blank.

If you rollback the version of Office, or uninstall office entirely, you'll find that the Act Internet Email system will return as an option.

I am on the correct build now

4.JPG

Administrator

Usually once you get onto the correct build, simply restarting your machine will resolve the issue with the email system setup. Please do let us know if the issue persists now that you're on a supported version, and after a system restart.

The build I updated to was listed as working in your KB article.