Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Value cannot be null.

Value cannot be null.

I have act 2010 premium and it resides on a server. I have a database that I'm trying to open, but it gives me an error. 2 actually

Value cannot be null. Parameter name: path. When I click on OK to that error, this one pops up

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This started because when we tried to open the database, it would not take any of the user and passwords that were assigned to it. I know the user and passwords are correct, we use the same dozen or so users and passwords for hundreds of the databases we use. Anyway, I read that you could detach the database and open the adf file. This is where the above mentioned errors come from. When we open the pad file without detaching the database, it says:

Could not authenticate user. Verify the user name and password, and try again. Again the users and passwords are correct. We are trying to open this database on the server where the database is located and where it has been opened hundreds of times before.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Derek

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Value cannot be null.

What's the directory path to your database?  If it contains special characters, that could be the problem.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com