Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Value cannot be null

jtf

Value cannot be null

Hi All,

I have a problem with Act 2008. I now find I cannot add any contacts. When I try to add a contact I get a msg box telling me "Value cannot be null" and "Parameter name: criteria"

Nothing has been changed recently.

Can anyone shed any light?

TIA
Copper Super Contributor

Re: Value cannot be null

Is there a field in your database named "criteria" ?
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA
Platinum Elite Contributor

jtf

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I have checked and there is not a field named Criteria, This problem does not occur in the demo database.

Cheers, Mark
Copper Super Contributor

I would start troubleshooting by by running the check and repair against your database.

Then start checking the fields for the property "allow blank" This is checked by default but if it is unchecked the field will be required for a new record.
Brad Marquardt
realtimeACT, Inc
Colorado, USA

jtf - how did you check for this field? It's possible there there is such a field, but not on the layout.

Try checking Tools | Design Fields
jtf

Hi,

I checked for the field by using Tools | Design Fields. I also checked the fields by using Actdiag.exe and listing the field params.

Cheers, Mark

We had the same problem, Act help was useless, they logged on to my system and told me to reload act.  no workie.  Someone here at work told me to go to the server and under perferences disable duplicate checking.  It worked, I also disabled duplicate checking on each remote and connected system.  good luck