Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

VP of my company did not synchronize within the 30 day period and now cannot sync

VP of my company did not synchronize within the 30 day period and now cannot sync

[ Edited ]

Act! Premium 10.3

After much ado I finally agreed to let my boss synchronize his own remote database on his own schedule. He failed to do it within the 30 day time period and now his db will not synchronize. The page in the synchronize panel where you can set the number of days is grayed out so I cannot change it. Does anyone know a way to change the number of days before expiration through a back door? If not does anyone have any ideas on how to get this to sync?

Message Edited by GregL on 07-11-2008 06:29 AM
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: VP of my company did not synchronize within the 30 day period and now cannot sync

With ACT! 2008, version 10, you can do one last sync and then you will need to create a new RDB. No other backdoor.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Copper Super Contributor

Re: VP of my company did not synchronize within the 30 day period and now cannot sync

Starting with ACT! 2006 (version 8.0), Expiration does not prevent a Remote database from Syncing.  Instead it becomes a nag each time a user logs onto that Remote database.  Additionally, after the next successful sync from that Remote, it will continue to be in Active status and able to continue syncing.

You do not need to change or reset anything.

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software