Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

VOIP calling for Act v21+ - desktop or Web?

Copper Super Contributor

VOIP calling for Act v21+ - desktop or Web?

As most companies employing more than 5 people are moving to or have VOIP. Act only works with TAPI phone systems and they are a thing of the past. I used Cloud Call but they dropped VOIP for Act since v20. 

Is anyone working on Act VOIP integration for  Act Premium v21+ and Act Cloud products? 

Silver Contributor

Re: VOIP calling for Act v21+ - desktop or Web?

Copper Super Contributor

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately there doesnt appear to be any Act Cloud v21 VOIP integrations. That limits Act's usability for larger customers. 

Bronze Super Contributor

Have you tried Skype as recommended above?  The plugin from Exponenciel is only $35.  I then subscribe to calling plan for $2.99/month for calling into the US, Canada, and Mexico.  Once the Exponenciel plugin is added, and Skype emblem is placed besides every field that has a phone number.

If the organization is a bigger company, then they probably use Skype for Business which works just as well as public Skype.  I have a user in the Dominican Republic that has a calling plan allowing unlimited calls into the US along with Teams.  Teams includes Skype for Business and we set it up very easily.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 20.0.159
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 1TB HDD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Copper Super Contributor

Hi John

Thank you for the suggestion - actually my potential and actual customers are looking for  an Act Cloud Voip solution.  I was onto Exponciel and they dont have an Act Voip solution.  

Highlighted
Copper Elite Contributor

We are ready to integrate VOIP for act for web, unfortunaly the act Web.Api is not giving us the needed Hook´s

according to dev. Session in scottsdale 2016 this is coming... but till now no show... i am asking frequently for this features. it would be sure helpfull if more Customers and Acc´s let swiftpage know that having features that can identify what contact, company, opportunity you are currently on, or the feature to tell act for web to jump to a specific contact are "needed" to use Act for web in a professional way. 

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 208 56192-34
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks Ingo - I ve a potential customer for 20 licences and an other with 10 licences and without VOIP for Act Cloud - they'll buy another CRM