12-15-2011 01:06 PM
After patching ACT Premium 2012 to service pack 1it now takes litterally minutes to open a database. Eventually it opens but is hanging on "Logon complete". This is now the case on 3 different computers.
Any one else with the issue? Any suggestions for a fix?
12-15-2011 02:08 PM
Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.
12-16-2011 10:34 AM
12-20-2011 10:41 AM
04-26-2012 03:16 PM
08-16-2012 07:35 AM
Did this issue ever resolve?
I changed machines to an upgraded WIN7 box and Act now takes approximately 3-4 minutes to completely load.
It hangs on "Logon Completed". I've tried renaming the Home folder and all that does is provide a generic error instead of the welcome screen. Windows Firewall is not in use so I'm kinda stuck.
10-02-2013 08:21 PM
10-03-2013 10:36 AM
Interesting update Chester. If it's truely user specific then one possible resolution is to recreate that user and reassign all the data to the new user.
I'll give a quick walkthrough of how I would proceed. In my example the broken user is named John.
0. Backup the Database!
1. Login to the database as an admin
2. Create a new user (Tools, Manage Users) named John 2
3. Test that the John 2 login works correctly
4. Assuming it does, Log back in as administrator
5. Choose to delete the broken "John" user (tools, manage users)
6. Upon choosing to delete it asks what to do with John's data, choose to reassign his data to John 2
7. Lastly, rename John 2 to just John.
If it still failed then some data tied to the user is causing the issue. Though I would wager that upon reassigning the data, it may drop the corrupted data. I've had success with this in the past for other user corruption issues.
If anything goes wrong or it doesn't look right, restore the backup you made in step 0 and we'll have to try something else.
ACT! Certified Consultant