Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

VBScript filter for Opportunities report

Copper Contributor

VBScript filter for Opportunities report

Hi.

I am writing an Opportunities report.  So far, (thanks to some assistance from here), I have accomplished most of what I need.  However, since this is an Opportunities report and I can't create a lookup and print from it (AFAIK), I need to be able to look at the value of a particular yes/no field and either print the record or bypass it.

So:.

I need to know the following:

1.  Does the subset of VBScript that is part of ACT! have the functionality to let me to write a script to do this?

2.  If it can be done, what is the syntax that is required? Do I have to create a recordset? A loop? I am presently assuming those things are being done in the background by ACT! (I have Premium 2010 on an XP machine. Sorry. My bad.)

Please note:  I work for a small company. They do not encourage me to buy software, so telling me that Crystal will do this easier isn't going to cut it. I'm also not in a position to be buying anyone's services or manuals. I've been in IT for over 20 years and I used to program VB and VBA full-time. I'm not stupid -- I just need to be pointed in the right direction. I searched the KB every way I could think of and didn't see anything, so if you have a link I will be eternally grateful.

Thanks for any help. This is the only thing I need to do -- other than get my engineers to populate the right fields... Smiley Happy

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: VBScript filter for Opportunities report

There's no direct way to do what you want with the ACT! reports

The ACT! report templates are in XML code but the interperter will regonize embedded VB code to modify the execution of the template. However the filtering that you want would be done in the data sourcing and isn't available for modification.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129