Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 wont convert database

Accepted Solution Solved
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

V22 wont convert database

Updated from V20 to V22 Act for web and version updated on server fine but will not allow database conversion. I had multiple backups so tried a few different ones in case I was working with a corrupted database.   The demo database works.

The error is a schema text error Exceptions occurred while executing the database schema update script - I have an open case with tech support as well.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author shari@sfadvance.com
‎08-07-2020 07:34 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Re: V22 wont convert database

Thanks for your information.  We have decided not to upgrade at this time to many kinks in the newest upgrades. 

I do however appreciate your answers.  We rolled back to the version needed to operate.

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a general error but there are a couple of things you can try.

Firstly make sure you open ACT by right clicking on the CT icon and selecting Run as administrator before opening the database.

If that does not work close ACT and the type ACTDIAG at the start button and again right click to open this repair tool.

Select the database with the problem and right click on it, now select the last option in the list and chose  Rebuild Schema.

Once completed try opening ACT again. There are also several other repair options in ACTDIAG, more info here -

https://www.act.com/docs/default-source/user-guides/actdiagusersguide.pdf

The corruption or problem may have been in the database for a long time so that all the backups can have the same problem. It would only become apparent when updating.

There are more advanced repair tools but maybe wait for Swiftpage to come back first before delving any deeper. 

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

There's a log file that would have more detail on the error in:
%ProgramData%\Swiftpage ACT! LLC\(build number)\ActSchemaUpdateResults[databasename][date].txt

Most of the time, an error like this needs to have the schema update script run directly on the SQL database. Unless you have SQL skills, this is best done by support or your ACC.
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

@ ch1p: "If that does not work close ACT and the type ACTADMIN at the start button and again right click to open this repair tool."
You have a "typo" there: it is ACTDIAG to type in....
Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

ended up going back to version 21.1 and everything is stable and working again.  From what could possibly of happened is the permissions on the ADF file may have prevented the conversion but, I do believe the permissions were correct when tech support ran one of the conversion.  For now we have invested alot of time in trying to convert this so we are going to stay at version 21.1 for now.   Thank you all for your response

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Thanks Melville

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author shari@sfadvance.com
‎08-07-2020 07:34 AM
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks for your information.  We have decided not to upgrade at this time to many kinks in the newest upgrades. 

I do however appreciate your answers.  We rolled back to the version needed to operate.

Thanks