Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22: no support for Win. Server 2012? (Confirmed!)

V22: no support for Win. Server 2012? (Confirmed!)

[ Edited ]

[UPDATE: This is now confirmed. See my latest post here.]

I'm trying to upgrade Act! Premium (Web) from version 21.0.295.0 to version 22 but I'm getting the error, "Act! is not compatible with this operating system" when I run either the setup.exe file in the main folder of the extracted files, or the setup.exe file in the ACTForWeb sub-folder.

I called Act! support and was told that version 22 no longer supports Windows Server 2012 with Active Directory. The agent didn't seem to know much about the issue and there's no mention of this new requirement anywhere on their web site. The current requirements page still lists Windows Server 2012 as supported.

I tried running each setup program as Administrator, and also with and without compatibility changes, but I still got the same error.

This is running entirely on our server, including the database.

Can anyone confirm that this really is a new limitation with version 22?

See the attached screenshot below.

Thanks,

Russell

Silver Super Contributor

Re: V22 no longer supports Windows Server 2012?

I have ACT v22 running on windows server12 om my cloud server so this is news to me.

Suggestion, try upgrading just to ACT V22.0 to start with and then add the in version upgrades taking to V22.1 etc in steps.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Platinum Elite Contributor

I'd uninstall the v21 (and WebAPI) first. It's usually better that way.

You could also try another download, in case the one you have was damaged.

Also, if the server is a DC, it's not a good idea to use for an open web server

I have now received confirmation from Act! support that v22.1 is NOT compatible with Windows Server 2012 with Active Directory, or when the server is a Domain Controller.

v22.0, however, appears to be compatible.

I was told that this is a known issue but nothing has been reported on the web site yet and it's not known when or if the issue will be resolved. One agent I spoke with said the problem was first reported four months ago.

After spending over four hours on the phone with Act! support, I have to say I'm pretty frustrated that this problem wasn't mentioned anywhere. It could have prevented a lot of time from being wasted.

Russell