Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: V22 Issues

So happy I chose to defer the upgrade !!  And yes, SwiftPage clearly must be embarrassed by the product since there is only a small print place where their name appears on the ACT.com site!  I just don't get it.  Why don't they go back to beta testing this stuff?  My ACT Certified Consultant is terrific and could easily help them as she has done in the past.  

I too have looked for another product.  Didn't consider Salesforce as I thought it would be too complicated and expensive.  But maybe the time is now to give it another look.

Hopefully someone from the company will be able to chime in here to let us know what's going on.  

Thanks for the feedback gang!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

these people do NOT review their work and verify the patch works.  I spent FIVE DAYS on the phone with their tech people and remote assistance.  They'd fix one thing, then another would pop up.  then they suggest I uninstall and reinstall.  Then I'm told that Act doesn't add the address book to Outlook. 

Then another error, then another remote session.  FIVE DAYS before everything worked right.  The last time they worked on it, I SPECIFICALLY Asked the tech if what he did would affect the Outlook connection.  No sir, I didn't even touch that area.   Guess what?  Nope, I had to thru editing the registry, pulling out the connections, and then reset up the whole email thing AGAIN.  But NOOOOO he didn't touch it at all.   This is what comes from shoddy patch work, and outsourcing your tech support.  Half the time you can't even understand what the tech is asking you. 

FIVE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!  Five days of my sales work delayed.  Five days wasted on a program that costs me $750 a year to use.  Five days wasted on an update fixing problems that have existed since before this last version came out!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Update 2 just released today. The support team advised me that this would fix the Outlook integration issues. Installed it, but unfortunately, this did not fix the problem :-(

Outlook emails are still not getting automatically attached as Act contact history.

I've been using Act since 2007 and have to say that v22 is by far the worst.

No snark or hyperbole intended here, but is Swiftpage purposefully trying to sabotage and kill off ACT?  Seems like every release is a debacle which gives the vibe that they really could not care less about this product.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

It really is unbelievable.  When they raised the price I thought "oh good now they have no excuse for ACT not to work flawlessly".  But alas, i was wrong.  Too bad they don't monitor these chat areas.  And too bad the President of the Company doesn't seem to use the product.  If he did he'd see these issues and maybe fix it ????

Highlighted

I went back to V21 way back when V22 came out - wasn't going to fight it anymore.  Glad I did from what I am reading regarding the new V22 updates.  I have been using ACT! since V1.1b (!!!!), I think that's from 1990 or so...….

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Update 2 did not fix our issue either, which we have brought up since V22.0 was released last year.  Was told last week that this update would finally address the problem (after continually being told by tech support that the issue was already fixed).  Nope.  If the Regarding field in old histories is blank, then the Details font for that history is displays incorrectly.  If you make any edit (ie: add a space) to the history, then the History Detail fixes itself and displays correctly.  This has affected thousands of our histories.  NOT ADDRESSED IN UPDATE 2 AS PROMISED.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'm V2, around 1992-1993...I'm not budging from Act! Premium Version 21.1.187.0, Update 4 until these challenges are fixed...
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'm a v1.0 person too.  Think it was in 1890 or so !!!  I'm on v22.0.205 Update 4..  Not going to install 22.1.  BUT, when the fixes came for 22.0 they seem to have fixed most of the initial issues.  HOWEVER there is still one that bugs (no pun intended) me.  So, when you receive an email in Outlook and you want to create a new contact from that email in ACT it used to bring up the various names on the email with cc's and bcc's listed.  Now when I go to create an ACT contact it brings up the dialog box but in the "Outlook Contacts" list it only says "Ace.Outlook.Service.Interfaces.Recipient  So you can't figure out which of the items to select for the contact you are trying to create.  Clear as mud ??  Seems like it isn't connecting with the list of contacts by name.  Thanks for anyone who has help on this.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I made the mistake of moving up to 22.1 to get away from the format issues in the various Details fields. If I still had admin privileges on my system,I'd go back to v19 and ask for my money back! As it is (i.e., not freely able to coordinate with Tech support for admin and facilities shutdown due to COVID-19) trying to schedule an uninstall and reinstall, and confirming that the reinstall would work without the previous version already installed, I'm a little concerned. Anyone with experience on going back that far? Currently, I have a version (v22.1) that refuses to work, and can't even get an error submission back to SwiftPage servers,,,see attachment.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi @jwilli11 , I was getting some of these same errors too. 

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.  and

The type initializer for 'Act.Shared.WordCrush.WordCrushSpellChecker' threw an exception.

Can't verify if I had any activity errors since I rarely use activities.

The .NET repair tool fix cleared this up for me.  You can find the forum post a:

https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/quot-The-type-initializer-for-Act-Shared-WordCrushSpellChec...

Hope this helps!