Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Issues

Re: V22 Issues

The file was sent to me by Abdul Muthalif.  They can verify it.

Copper Contributor

Not sure what "problem" you are identifying.  Everyone here (and that i've talked to) is having a problem with the Update 3 of V22.  This is the desktop version and it DIDN'T fix the problems that ACT knew about mainly the notes formatting and a feature when creating new contacts from emails.  I would appreciate if if you would identify exactly WHAT problem you think this solves.  

Copper Contributor

I've not even tried that file that was suggested.  The Desktop version of the program does not require the integration services addon to my understanding.  It's only used with full web access. It wouldn't fix our problems then at all.....

I guess this is the wrong place to get help/support for ACT!.  Hopefully a moderator will just delete my user account because I'm not coming back.  I mean, did you read anything???

Copper Contributor

When you start by saying "If anyone has this issue" and don't identify it (did you mean patch 3????) it's a bit difficult to understand what you are talking about.

[ Edited ]

The file that's being linked is an actual file, but you shouldn't have to download it.  This is a part of the standard installation of ISPA, and that ISPA.DRV file is the exact same as the one installed when installing the product.  If you don't have it, you can copy it from the ISPA installer folder directly on your system already.

Default file locations are below.

• Windows edition:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Integration Services Patch for Act!\
  • Web edition:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Web\Integration Services Patch for Act!\

If that file isn't there you probably had an antivirus or other blocking software quarantine the file.  We'd like to know if that's the case, of course.

To properly reinstall all of ispa, you can run the ispa2.msi file stored in your Act! installation folder.  This should restore the ISPA.DRV file.

@CJ74U2NV 

Most people are going to be wary about downloading a single file from someone on a forum.  It's not personal.  We have spammers trying to give people invalid files all the time, and it's an uphill battle.  Even your post has been flagged as possible spam.  You have six posts total, and new accounts are a hotbed of viral posts.

While Abdul supplemented your installation with this file, it's not necessarily a solution to the problems posted here.  That doesn't mean what you've posted is invalid, and I thank you for chiming in with your own experience in hopes to help someone else.

*Update* I looked over CJ74U2NV's ticket.  Just in case it wasn't mentioned prior to this post the error message for that issue was:

Error: This version of ISPA requires the driver file ISPA.Drv to be present on the run-time path. 
Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://help.act.com

We've been experiencing these issues as well.  Is there any update?

Chris Waterbury

MacPhail Center for Music

Copper Contributor

Not that I have heard. It's so annoying as you wonder why they didn't test this stuff before releasing it. No excuse.