Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: V22 Issues

There was an Update on Friday December 6th. This still did not correct the notes issue. They told me it has "always" been like this. I have been using ACT for over 12 years and never had this issue.

@EJPECK wrote:

So we upgraded to V22 Update 1 as requested.  As usual, we now have problems.  New notes are being entered, but the formatting is off.  Notes from yesterday or before entered AFTER the update now have this huge white gap under them, or in them, except I've not found a way to remove it.  Notes entered and selected are now showing a blue background and the text is unreadable, probably converted to white.  Yes, I have tried to change the layout, font size, etc, etc to no avail.   A support ticket has been entered over a week ago with no response......   any ideas? 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue.?

Highlighted

I saw someone say they have used ACT! for 12 years......I started with V1.1b back in about 1990?  OMG, where does the time go?  I uninstalled v22 and went back to v21 for now.  NO!  it has not always been that way

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Duane - I appreciate your perspective. SwiftPage/Act is much smaller than the big players in the CRM space.

However, it seems SwiftPage's revenue may be much higher than you are estimating. As of 2015, they had $26M of annual revenue. The CEO has appeared on a number of podcasts over the past several years. He recently indicated the company was nearing $100M of annual revenue and had 200 full-time employees. Not such a small fish at that level.

- Mike

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've just installed v22 Update 2, and am having similar issues with the Notes field, as well as in Activity Detail fields. A more serious issue for me is being able to copy and paste information from other applications (e.g., Outlook, Word, Notepad, etc.). All formatting is lost, and everything gets changed to Verdana font and 16pt. Any ideas, or fixes coming??

Just an additional thought, I've been using Act since the Symantec days, and I've always seen good response. My move was from v19 to v22. I'm not crazy about the new look to the layout and color options. Hopefully, that will improve, but I'm hoping to make it another 2 to 3 years on this version...then, I'll worry with dumping the data for whoever picks up the need for my database!

Highlighted

I started with V1.1b back in 1990?  wow, where does the time go, LOL

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Another issue with v22 --- why is it that if I right-click on an activity from the calendar view, and select to view Details (expecting to edit the Details), I can no longer edit the Details. It seems that the only way I can edit the Details is be selecting to "Reschedule", then go to the Details. What's happened to my Act!?? This doesn't even work all the time. So far, I've been able to eventually to get to the point of editing the Details, but it is not consistent.

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Not able to replicate on my test installation. Have you updated with patch 2?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

ch1p --- In the download, I was provided "Act! Pro Version 22.0.205.0, Update 2". I'm assuming this is Patch 2, since I'm not seeing a means for checking for additional updates or patches. Seems in past versions, there was a link in the bottom-right corner to check for updates. The link is not there, and I'm not finding a menu item to "check for updates"...may be a factor of this being the "last standalone version".

The issue with the ability to edit the Details seems to be inconsistent. i.e., I replicate a path to editing, and sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. BTW, it's easy to replicate because it was the primary path I took in v19, The issue with the formatting is a little more disconcerting. Seems the every time I copy-and-paste from Word or Outlook into a Details field, the Details show the font and point size as Verdana and 16pt...regardless of what Word and Outlook say the font and point size are.

BTW, I realize Act and Outlook will synchronize with each other, however, the organization I'm with manages the Microsoft Enterprise 365 applications. Therefore, I have continued to manage my contact records, activities, notes, and calendar in Act. This results in it being necessary to copy a considerable amount from Outlook to Act. A lot of duplication, but it means that I have greater control of my contact records without being impacted by Microsoft updates and patches initiated through the organization...where Act is not a standard application in the computer image.

Another item---looks as though they fixed the issue with copying calendar entries. In v19, I wasn't able to copy a calendar event with Ctrl-C, and paste with Ctrl-V. You can in v22---YEAH! This is useful when meetings are scheduled based on individuals' availability, and therefore occur on random days and times!

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Just to confirm Update 2 was the patch I was referring to.

To check if you have the latest update (Which it appears you have) go to Help, ACT Notifications. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks, yes I have the latest version/patch.