Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Issues

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

Re: V22 Issues

Now that Swiftpage have gone to subscription only for ACT they are far more vulnerable to clients looking at alternatives, both on price and performance.

Their pricing model is fatally flawed as there appears to be no discount for existing users on renewal. (Please correct me if I am wrong on this.)

Their response to bugs is far from timely and their QA before release leaves a lot to be desired.

Their engagement on bugs and timescales is non existent with their client base.

As a 25+ years man with ACT supporting them and clients I am deeply troubled with the current management of the business and the alienation of loyal ACT users. It take 4 times as much effort to get a new clients than keep existing ones but it seems the Swiftpage owners are oblivious to the damage they are causing. The most infuriating thing is that ACT is a great product but you have to love your customer base, not ignore them if you want to keep them.  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi, I'm using version 21 update 9. I'm facing same issue with others. Can I update my current version to V22 update 4?

Highlighted
Silver Contributor

You maybe entitled to a free upgrade depending on if you are on subscription plan or are still covered by the 1 year upgrade period from purchase. You would need to check with the vendor or Swiftpage.

Highlighted

Hi there,

We upgraded to V22 update 4 Monday of last week (3/9/2020).  Our users have been using it heavily from that time and have found issues with notes, again.

From one of my users:

3/12 - Received the error "The application has encountered an error and has been shut down.  Would you like to report the error?"  I was trying to copy & paste text into the History box. I also tried just basic typing in the box, which also didn’t work. Then, trying copy & pasting again, the error showed up.

3/15 - Act had to be closed again due to not being able to open a new History item. I didn’t get the same error message as the time Act was acting up on Thurs 3/12/20; rather, I just wasn’t able to open a History item (as in, nothing happened when I clicked the icon—not even a brief flash of the History item pop-up). I also couldn’t log text via the Task List; in that case, the task item window would pop up, but I could not type or paste anything into the body. The solution to this was just relaunching Act.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Thanks!

MacPhail

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Just tried the functions you mentioned and I did not have those problems (thankfully!!)  I updated to Update 4 on Saturday (I waited a bit to see if people had issues).  Sorry I can't be of help!

Highlighted

I'm glad you're not experiencing these issues and I hope no one else does. 

I mainly wanted to see if anyone else is having these issues with update 4.

MacPhail

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I will say I don't use a "shared database" since i am the only user.  Maybe that has some impact ?