Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Issues

Copper Contributor

V22 Issues

So we upgraded to V22 Update 1 as requested.  As usual, we now have problems.  New notes are being entered, but the formatting is off.  Notes from yesterday or before entered AFTER the update now have this huge white gap under them, or in them, except I've not found a way to remove it.  Notes entered and selected are now showing a blue background and the text is unreadable, probably converted to white.  Yes, I have tried to change the layout, font size, etc, etc to no avail.   A support ticket has been entered over a week ago with no response......   any ideas? 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue.?

Copper Contributor

Re: V22 Issues

I'm also having the same issues along with Handheld contact issues that I'm sure are related. I don't understand whey they will not respond to there clients in a timely fashion. It is not the type of customer service I would give or expect from a large company like this. 

Nickel Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has to be a bug as if you even edit one of the old notes and then click save it gets the white section at the bottom

Copper Contributor

I believe there is a fix coming for HandHeld contact (may already be out). I would think that a patch is also on the way for act!

In regard to the size of the company here is what Forbes say...

Their standard definition of a small business includes operations with up to $7 million in revenue or 500 employees, depending on the industry. And there are countless exceptions, with revenue thresholds set as high as $35.5 million, and employee counts as high as 1,500!

Here are the numbers for a large, medium and small CRM vendor....

1) Salesforce - Revenue= $13.28 Billion

2) Zoho - Revenue= $415 Million

3) Swiftpage (act!) - Revenue=$7.5 Million

Source: Google (Internet)

I agree that you are entitled to a timely response to your support requests, but I am not sure what level of support you have and what the SLA is.

All of the above vendors would offer support options, but I would imagine they are either part of your subscription (now that everything is Cloud based)

or part of a warranty period if you have purchased desktop software.

Kind Regards
Duane

Duane Morrison Smith
ACT Mobile Messenger

+61 (0417) 498 635

Duane Morrison Smith
ACT Mobile Messenger

+61 (0417) 498 635
duane@actmobilemessenger.com
www.actmobilemessenger.com
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

My expectation is that if you purchase an upgrade of software with a bug in it you do not need a support contract to get a timely response from the vendor, it may not be an immediate fix but an acknowledgement and some details of a timeframe is a minimum requirement if you care about your customer base.

Copper Contributor

Thank You So Much!!! 

Copper Contributor

You know this is one of the saddest responses to any inquiry I've ever seen.  The statement was made that ACT!'s customer response is sorely lacking.  I, for instance, entered a support ticket on this exact problem exactly a week ago, with ZERO response!  Not even "we're working on it and you can expect a fix on such and such a date".  For any representative of a company to fall back and argue about the SIZE of your company while in the middle of a support problem shows a complete arrogant lack of concern for your customers.   I run a sales force of thirty people here, and if one of my people had given that response to a customer, I'd have relieved him of his responsibilities the minute I heard about it.     Your response furthermore didn't address anything other than a supposition on your part that something MAY be coming.  What do you KNOW?  Absolutely nothing!  Other that to show your supposed knowledge of what a small business is???  Keep your comment to yourself, or at least submit something constructive to the dialogue. 

I DO expect my vendors to support my software.  You, sir, are currently NOT doing that!

Nickel Super Contributor

EJPECK,  nobody from Swiftpage has commented on the issue in this forum post, but I would think that Swiftpage will be looking at the issue and will hopefully get a hotfix done as quick as they can.

Copper Contributor

Dear EJPECK, I understand you are having a problem and I am sorry for that. My response was to the Darrenb1 thread in regard to poor customer service from a large company. Many people make assumptions about the size of the company that owns act! being a large company with unlimited resources. I am merely suggesting that in being a small company they may be a little stretched. What I do know having been a act! user for 30 years, an act! consultant for 10 years and a act! development partner is that the type of issue you are having, particularly with a new release, would generally be resolved in a fix or patch. I am sure it would be a priority for Swiftpage and I am not sure why you have not had a direct response. I do not represent Swiftpage and am not an employee, but I like anyone on this forum is entitled to make a comment, respond to a post, or defend any party who is not here in this forum to respond. In regard to your second last point, I do agree with you 100% that your are entitled to both warranty of a new purchase of software and support as per any support agreement. However, I cannot agree on the last point as I am not in a position to offer act! support as I am not Swiftpage and am no longer an act! consultant (by my own choosing). I am act! development partner and I have many happy customers all over the world using my act! add-on for text messaging,

I wish you the best on getting your problem solved and I hope that you hear from a Swiftpage representative soon.

Kind Regards

Duane

Duane Morrison Smith
ACT Mobile Messenger

+61 (0417) 498 635
Duane Morrison Smith
ACT Mobile Messenger

+61 (0417) 498 635
duane@actmobilemessenger.com
www.actmobilemessenger.com
Silver Contributor

[ Edited ]

ACT and Bugs -

It was a mistake to remove the group of ACT power users from the beta testing. We often found bugs that were not found by ACCs.

Swiftpage seem to have an ostrich approach to problems and bury their heads in the sand until they have a fix rather than engaging with customers.

The size of a company should not determine its level of customer service, in fact a small company needs it more than the biggest ones as it can least afford to alienate its customers.

ACT is a great product and given the size of code it is bound to have bugs, its how they respond that make this either a good or bad customer experience.