Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: V22 Issues

[ Edited ]

New Issue...

Since my subscription renewal was coming due on 2020.10.18, and after a Windows update started effecting our V21.1 with Update 4 Outlook Plug In, I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to v22.1 with Update 4.

PC1 went OK, PC2 not so good. After setting up the Email and Outlook Preferences on on PC2, when I open Outlook, I get a window that pops up with the user name field filled in, but I need to enter the password. I do this and it tells me the User Name and Password do not match. I tried this every which way but lose and cannot over come this. Outlook loads the plug in (Outlook Integration), but the ACT! options are greyed out. I am at my whits end. Thus I cannot attach emails from Outlook to ACT Contacts.

I uninstalled v22.1 with Update 4 and reinstalled making sure that my Norton Security was turned off (Auto Protect and Smart Firewall) and I loaded ACT v22.1 with Update 4 after Outlook was installed, it was already installed. I also did the install using the Admin Account.

I have been using the ACT program since it first came out, so I am not a novice. Upgrading ACT has been problematic for years. I am close to just saying F it and moving over the SalesForce.Com.

I have been working on this since 1:30 AM Sunday and it is now 4 AM Monday.

I need a solution and I need it ASAP.

Regards

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Try act4outlook from keystroke and see if that fixes your problem.  Act4outlook works much better for my organization then the built in outlook add on from siftpage. There is a 14 day trial period so you can test out the program and see if it works.  In addition there support is much better then act support at solving any issues with email attaching.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I have used Act since 1.0 but have not used Act4Outlook from Keystroke.  I use regular Outlook to integrate with ACT via the Act preferences and I use Companionlink to put on my iPhone and then sync through the cloud.  I only sync one way as i had a bad experience with Companionlink when I tried syncing both ways and it duplicated my contacts in my iPhone !!!  Can you elaborate on Keystroke's product and would it replace both or how would it work with Outlook 365 ?  thanks!!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I to have been using act since V1 and have been very disappointed in Siftpage and the integration with outlook.  I am not sure how act4outlook woth with office 365 as we use office 2013 and 2016.  I am sure you could message the support people at keystroke and they should be able to help you.  I will say since finding this program I am back to being happy with act.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

Act4Outlook and Act4Mail both have trials, so you can try either one of them.  If you have any questions regarding these programs you can call us at 833-ACT-BOLD (833-228-2653)

Act4Outlook 5 (and its trial) can be found here, and I suggest this for on-premise installs or remote databases:

https://www.keystroke.ca/en/shop/product/act4outlook-5-0.html?reseller=user%3A1506

Act4Mail (and its trial) can be found here, and I suggest it for Cloud/Web access environments.

https://www.keystroke.ca/en/shop/product/act4mail.html?reseller=user%3A1506

The comparison page for both products is here:

https://www.keystroke.ca/en/apps/act4-products/outlook-integration-act-cloud.html

Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks ! Hate to load it with my active database and outlook though to try it. I'll give Keystroke a call.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

diamond98,

Thanks for the keystroke recommendation. I am having issues with act4outlook v5 as well.

I called ACT Technical Support this morning and surprisingly got through to an India Man. After I explained to him my problem he had me first Shut Down ACT and Outlook and then Run <Services.msc>, right click on Act! Web API Host and select Properties. Then he had me select the Log On tab and select the This Account radio button. He then had me inter my Wife's Window Users Account Name and the Win 10 Hello Screen Password. This failed. Frankly I had already tried this almost every which but loose. I found the How To here...

https://help.act.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051690274-Outlook-email-preferences-cannot-be-Changed-or-O...

When what he had me do failed (as I knew it would), he put me on hold and after being on hold for another 20 minutes the call was dropped. A total of 30 minutes lost.

I called back and got an India Lady. She had me do the same thing with a twist. She had me use the Administrator Account I had set up. I always add an Admin Account to each PC when I first get them in addition to the User Account for the person using the PC. Google it, the how to is easy to find. She then had me change the password to the Admin Account's password and that worked. She then had me select the Act! Web API Host and right click and select Restart. After that she had me go back in and using the General Tab change the Startup Type from Automatic (Delayed Start) to just Automatic and then restart Act! Web API Host again. That did the trick.

I did not have to do this on my computer that had the shared Act! database(as it was local on my PC on a second 4 TB drive, but I did have to do this for the PC's accessing the shared Act! database on my PC over our network.

I have been sweating this since 1:30 AM Sunday morning. It was a simple fix, all you had to know is what to do. And that my friend is why I am writing this message, for the next guy...

Regards,

ldg

PS: The other problem I was having, being able to use the ACT Database Address Book to fill in the To, Cc and Bcc fields was as simple as Replying to or Forwarding an email, then click on Act! at the top of the email window and then clicking on the Address Book Icon, left hand side of the screen.

PSS: Thanks to everyone for your help. I hope I have returned the favor.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I've been running update 4 for a while now (ACT! Premium Version 22.1.212.0, Update 4). It seemed for a while that everything has been fine, but...

Since mid-June, ACT has been randomly incorrectly categorizing auto-attached emails (on contact history records) as type 'Call' with result set to 'Call Attempted'.

I made a new thread on this topic today at: https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Premium/Emails-attached-as-history-type-Call-result-type-Call-Attem...

Would be interested to learn if anyone else has noticed this error.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

chris-in-seattle,

We are having the same problem. All emails auto attached or manually attached, attach as "call". We have to change it.

We are having another problem as well...

When manually attaching incoming emails, they should attach using the date and time of the email. Sometimes they attach using the current date and time for the email. We have to go in and change the date and time to keep the histories in proper sequence.

Regards,

ldg