Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: V22 Issues

I have now been on V22 since June 9th. I am still having all kinds of trouble with this version; Update 2 did not solve any of my issues.

My Outlook emails are not syncing into Act.

I am receiving multiple error messages throughout the day from both Outlook and Act.

Our firm is looking at alternative CRM systems to make a move away from Act.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I hear you.  I participated in the v22.1 webinar and these guys are living in another world.  More interested in the fact they had 240 "improvements" in the program than whether any of the 240 worked !  BTW it was 240 not 241 !!!  But they kept harping on it.  Shows they are focused on the wrong things !!!

If you find another program PLEASE post info here so we can all share in it.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I was also on the V22.1 webinar.  Three times I asked in the Q&A when issues from V22 original release would be addressed and fixed, with no answer.  But they were certainly quite responsive to the Q&A questions that related to customer upgrades that would involve $$$ revenue stream.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I booted up my Dell Workstation last night to do some work as I was out of the office much of the day. ACT would not let me log in. I received this message...

Your ACT License Has Expired_SNerased.jpg

This could not be the case. I tried launching the license wizard and every time I entered the current serial number, this same message came back  up. Of course ACT support was not available. I emailed support about the issue. I booted up another machine and fortunately I was able to open ACT. I refreshed the Activation and then per the instructions closed and reopened ACT and was able to log in again. So, I rebooted my machine and was able to log into ACT. I refreshed the Activation on my machine, closed ACT was able to again log in.

I checked my account with ACT and it showed the annual subscription in Oct 2019 for the upgrade from Ver19 to Ver21.1 Update 4. Bottom line, I should not have received the message above as ACT Premium Ver 21.1 Update 4 was loaded fresh onto new Dell Workstations and I did not exceed the number licenses. And, I have never loaded ACT since on any additional machines, so I have never exceeded the number of licenses.

This morning I received a reply from ACT support, providing me a list of machines on which ACT Ver 19 had been loaded and provided me the old serial number. None of those machine still exist., they were recycled in Dec 2019. Gee, SwiftPage does not even keep accurate records for their support personnel.

As I have mentioned previously on this board, I have been using ACT since its inception in 1987, when it was a DOS based program. Thankfully I was able to figure out how to get ACT to work on my own once again. I cannot remember a single time when ACT support has been useful.

Regards,

ldg

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Same for me.  Fortunately I have an ACT Certified Consultant who is very good and that is responsive.  Otherwise I'd have been dead in the water years ago!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Anyone have any updates on their installation/use of v22.1 ?  I'm still waiting to update until it is working better than I had last heard.  I participated on the Webinar and was sick listening to them tout the 240 new features. (not 239 or 242 but 240 which they repeated ad nauseum).  BUT never mentioned actually putting out a product that worked !!!

Thanks for any updates anyone has.

Highlighted

Funny that I am not aware of a product that does what ACT does, it’s too perfect for me, otherwise I’d try something else.  Anyone out there find a good alternative (I prefer local installation)

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

@jonlevinson I recommend waiting before you update to v22.1. I am still have ongoing issues with this version. The primary problem is that my Outlook emails are still not syncing into Act.

I have placed calls to Act support on 6/9/20, 6/23/20, 6/29/20, and 7/2/20. Each time, I am assured that Act is "fixed", only to have the same issues (or new ones) arise.

Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

With the Outlook integration still being actively worked on there will be an update in the future that works as intended.  I don't know if they've given us any dates on delivery on that, and i'll have Act! comment on that directly if they do.

In the meantime, if your business needs Outlook Integration today, what we have been doing is getting our clients into the Act4Outlook (32-bit Outlook) or Act4Mail (64-bit Outlook) add-on products.  Outlook is the #1 problem I run into when trying to install v22.1, and I've had nothing but success using these add-ons for now.

Here's a list of the features

One of these is API direct, so you can use this with any API enabled version of Act!, which includes Hosted or Act! Cloud databases.

I remember when this thread started, and I know we all want our integration to work.  This won't resolve all problems with 22.1, but it really does help.

Billy Clark
E: Billy.Clark@kqc.ca
P: 800-857-0558 x334
Act! Certified Consultant
MaaS Certified Consultant
World’s #1 Act! Reseller!
Keystroke
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

So three weeks now - at least eight service tickets - the best advice they have is to wait for a hotfix or update that is "coming soon".  The tech fixes it by removing the address book and the registry keys for it and then puts the address book back in.   I've done that myself multipe times.  The fix lasts anywhere from an hour to four hours and then stops working.  These people have no clue what they are doing and it takes WAYYYY too long for them to put out a fix for the update that was supposed to fix this in the first place.  Update 2 came out almost a month ago and they still have no answers on when this will be corrected...  not "fixed" - corrected!