Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Issues

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: V22 Issues

I installed Update 4 and can confirm the notes/history (including email correspondence that syncs in) looks good now. Seems to be fixed.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Great!  If you don't mind, did you have any issues with the update install?  Did it do it's thing?  Did you have to redo anything after it completed (outlook links, etc?)  Thanks!

Highlighted
Nickel Contributor

Not sure if this is happening to everyone, but if you edit a note created prior to Update 4, a blank line will appear at the top of the note (as before). Newly created notes are fine.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sorry to say this again but did the Update 4 install go without a hitch?  Were there "cleanup" items etc?  Just before I go ahead i'm trying to be sure i alot enough time and think ahead.  Thanks to anyone who can weigh in.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Update 4 took me approximately 15 minutes to install. I had no issues with it. From what I can tell, there have been no hitches thus far. The steps I took:

1. Close out of all programs you have running, including Act.
  2. Right-click the Act icon you use to normally open Act. Then, left-click “Run as administrator”.
  3. Once Act is opened, click the Help tab at the top, then click “Act! Notifications”.
  4. A window will then pull up in the lower right part of your main computer monitor; click inside that box to start the update process.
  5. You will be asked to backup your remote database; please do so.
  6. The Act prompts should take you the rest of the way, as you download and install the update.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks!  Figured so as i've done these in the past.  But with Act waiting so long to fix this basic change who knows what else would happen !!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the details Mike. I'm going to give it a week before I update seeing the last fix broke other things.

~P

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the info on the update. I'll have to wait until I can get a tech support to give me my admin privileges to install the update! I didn't have much need to keep them, and the Agency was making it more difficult to keep them.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Everything is NOT fixed with Update 4.  If the REGARDING field in a history record is empty/blank, then the font for the DETAILS of that history appear to display as Times New Roman.  As soon as any text is entered in the REGARDING field, then the DETAILS section displays with the correctly selected font.

I have been using ACT! continuously since 1988 starting with Version 1 for Windows.  Originally, all histories and notes were displayed under one HISTORY/NOTES tab.  At some point, perhaps +15 years ago (around the time Sage took over), some developer decided it would be useful to split NOTES and HISTORY into two separate tabs.  This was a nightmare for us.  ACT! support advised us to just create a custom history item called NOTES and we slowly over the course of months manually recreated those notes into the History tab. In doing so, the REGARDING field was typically left blank.  This has been no issue whatsoever until V22.  Now we have numerous ugly Times New Roman items interspersed in our History view.  Our current database is 26 years old with +22,000 contacts so we are talking about thousands of ugly notes.

We have another gripe that started with V21.  In the past you could attach documents in the HISTORY tab using the paperclip icon, and those attachments would appear chronologically in the history, where they belong.  At some point with V21, all attachments now only show up on the DOCUMENTS tab.  

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Good to know.  Thanks for the update.  I'll have to go check on my regarding field!  I too have been using ACT since 1.0.  Each time it was sold/transferred they decided to add what they thought were nice bells and whistles.  Unfortunately they didn't make the product bulletproof first.  So errors continued to compound.  Now they are trying to make it SalesForce or something without fixing the basics of the main program.  Not sure why they can't focus on getting it up and running before adding (or at least at the same time) as they create new "things".  I never really minded before as the product was relatively inexpensive.  But with the latest pricing plan it isn't a cheap little program any more.  For this money it should be much more error free.  I talk to users all the time and with the latest bump in pricing many are looking elsewhere unless it starts to work in a way reflective of the pricing.