Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V22 Google Integration deleted my Google Contacts

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

V22 Google Integration deleted my Google Contacts

Yes, it actually happened.  I had to use Google's tool to restore my Google Contacts to the day before my ACT v22 "upgrade".

I've since done some looking around and I think the issue is that in the Google Integration Preferences, "Synchronize Contacts" tab, I choose a group of ACT contacts to sync, but on the main page showed only a couple contacts would be synced.  I've tried selecting other groups that also have hundreds or thousands of contacts in them and the main page still shows a low total.  Alternatively, sometimes I pick at different ACT group to sync and the main screen shows "u" next to the number of contacts to sync, then eventually changes to a number.  Right now it is showing "2" contacts to sync when I've chosen a group that has a couple thousand contacts in it.  This worked find under V21 where I was syncing almost 3000 contacts, 2-way sync between ACT and Google Contacts.  For now I have had to turn off Contacts Synchronization completely as ACT doesn't seem to want to sync more than 2 or 3 contacts no matter what I pick, and as a result it will delete my Google Contacts again if I have synchronization on.

This is a buggy version of ACT; this item I'm talking about is only one of the issues I've seen so far.  It literally might be the most buggy release I've seen in my many years of using this program.

Has anyone got Google Integration working with ACT v22?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Re: V22 Google Integration deleted my Google Contacts

Here is ACT v21 showing 2995 ACT Contacts to be synced with Google Contacts.  This worked fine for ages.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Here is the same database upgraded to ACT v22, same group of Contacts chosen as the sync set, yet ACT v22 is only showing 2 Contacts to be synced, while ACT v21 showed 2995!  Same data, same Google Account.  Serious bug in this feature.  Swiftpage, please explain and fix this!

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I'm testing google integration now and so far so good. I've been testing with small groups of contacts and a test gsuite account to make sure nothing gets hosed. I got that 'U' as well when selecting groups to sync but that didn't seem to matter as several groups I tested with different amount of contacts all worked.. I'm only syncing one way and I don't think we will be syncing 2 way which is where i think you are having issues. Set up another gmail account and add it to your phone, this way if you have any issues it won't hose the contacts on your primary account. One thing I can't figure out is how to label those contacts coming into the gmail account. Until I can our users will add a "ACTcontacts" gsuite account to access those contacts. Question for you, are you seeing contact history coming in with the contact info?

~PSH

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I am seeing email History items being created, but often with multiple extra copies of the same thing.  I'm looking at one contact right now... the same sent email message (I sent to this contact) with the same date and time stamp was recorded against the Contact DOZENS of times.  I had to scroll through the History list, there are that many of them.  The Google integration in this version of ACT is completely messed up.  I'm regretting having upgraded this database. 

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

I decided to spend the day migrating back to Version 21 and after all the work involved in doing so, Google Contacts and ACT contacts are syncing 2-way again.  Just shy of 3000 contacts are part of the sync set that are syncing, same data and same Google account that were not working under ACT v22.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

V22 is nightmare for many reasons, my client is cloud hosted so they give you no choice but to upgrade. What's worse is the 'fixes' the release or creating more problems than they solve.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

PSHACT,

I appreciate you chiming in and providing that update.  I'm not planning on deploying ACT v22 to my production client databases now until I see some definitive information on improvements, and even after that, no deployments without some major thorough testing of my own on Development boxes.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Sorry to see a fellow user run into this kind of problem, @vacogroup .  Has Swiftpage rectified this issue since your last posted in this thread in January?

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Not even slightly @jukiansdad
I reverted to version 21 with some amount of work and data checking, and have not recommended or upgraded any other client databases to v22 as a result.