Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V19 Outlook Addin Reinstallation

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

V19 Outlook Addin Reinstallation

Is there a way to reinstall the Outlook Addin without reinstalling the whole Act program?

As a follow up, please add a "Repair" option to the installer of Act; it's 2017, we shouldn't have to uninstall and reinstall to "fix" every issue.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author financialITguy
‎02-16-2017 10:40 AM
Administrator

Re: V19 Outlook Addin Reinstallation

Hi financialITguy,

When a different version of Microsoft Office is installed while Act! is installed, it becomes nesasarry to reinstall Act! so that it can detect and install the Addin in the correct location during the installation procedure.

View solution in original post

All Replies
JM
Nickel Contributor

Can you confirm if the ADD-ins are disabled or just Inactive?

Open Word

File, Options, Add-ins.

See if "Act! Office Addin" & "ACT! Documents Tab Add-In" - both with location of mscoree.dll. are under either Active Application Add-ins, or Inactive Application Add-ins.\

If not there further down is Manager: change dialog to Disabled Items.  Then hit Go button to see if it shows a list of any above disabled.

If disabled you can highlight and click on Enabled button.

JM

Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh no, it's gone. I was forced to uninstall office 64bit and reinstall it as 32bit because it (the act addin) would crash my outlook every time I tried to send an email.

Solution
Accepted by topic author financialITguy
‎02-16-2017 10:40 AM
Administrator

Hi financialITguy,

When a different version of Microsoft Office is installed while Act! is installed, it becomes nesasarry to reinstall Act! so that it can detect and install the Addin in the correct location during the installation procedure.
Copper Super Contributor

I was afraid of that; and now I'm going to have to do it to around 30 different users.  Fantastic. 

Thanks for the info!

JM
Nickel Contributor

Gary,

In Control Panel Programs and Features for Office 365 there is Change option to do Quick Repair or Online Repair.  Would either do the job before doing complete uninstall and reinstall? (Given you stick with same current Office 32 or 64bit and not change to say 64 bit).

If not for an IT Dept with multiple PC's (multiple ACT! licenses ;-) customer) it would be great to have ACT! add-ins get reinstalled as easy as possible.

Note there are other verisons of Office 2007, 2010 ect. but I would focus on 365 because no way MS$ will maintain those much longer.

JM

Administrator

financialITguy wrote:

I was afraid of that; and now I'm going to have to do it to around 30 different users.  Fantastic. 

Hi financialITguy,

It might be worth highlighting that Act supports a silent install procedure to make this process easier and faster. Check out this Knowledgebase article for more info: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38490

JM wrote:

Gary,

In Control Panel Programs and Features for Office 365 there is Change option to do Quick Repair or Online Repair.  Would either do the job before doing complete uninstall and reinstall? (Given you stick with same current Office 32 or 64bit and not change to say 64 bit).

If not for an IT Dept with multiple PC's (multiple ACT! licenses ;-) customer) it would be great to have ACT! add-ins get reinstalled as easy as possible.

Note there are other verisons of Office 2007, 2010 ect. but I would focus on 365 because no way MS$ will maintain those much longer.

JM

Hi JM,

An Office repair would not run the nesasarry install procedures for the Act! Office Addins. These are only within the Act! installer package.

Thanks for your feedback on this, I'll pass this on to the Product Management team.