Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V19.2 for Web - Why did Swiftpage shift the ribbon to the right?

Copper Contributor

V19.2 for Web - Why did Swiftpage shift the ribbon to the right?

[ Edited ]

So... i know that software companies think that changing around the GUI qualifies as "Improvements", but why did SP shift the tool tabs icons to the right side of the page?  Does anyone know how to shift it back to the left?  I am currently using v17, but because we are upgrading our server to MS Server Essentials 2016, we may have to up grade ACT.  However, the new GUI is not very promising.  We may just setup another server just to keep v17.

Employee

Re: V19.2 for Web - Why did Swiftpage shift the ribbon to the right?

[ Edited ]

Hello,

You can try:

• Clear IE Cache 
  • Turn off Compatibility mode ( could be on from when using Internet Explorer with v17)
  • Turn on JavaScript
  • Turn off Popup Blocker
  • Accept Cookies “Always” or “From Visited”
  • Turn off Private Browsing
  • Add the Act! Hosted server to the Trusted Sites zone

Act v20 fixes many of your concerns

38878 What's new in Act! v20

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38878/kw/whats%20new%20in%20act

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the response.  I tried clearing out IE11 and resetting everything back to default then made the tweaks you suggested.  However the tools still show up on the right side.  But based on your response:

1) are you saying the tools should be on the left side of the ribbon? I don't have a screen shot of what it should look like.

and

2) i thought i downloaded the latest version.  Where is the link for v20? I either get a page for v19.2 or the Cloud thing.

Administrator

You can download the latest version of Act! from act.com/downloads - the latest version is indeed v20 - with v20.1 expected to release in the next few weeks.

When you mention the tools tab - do you mean these icons?

chrome_2017-12-29_11-06-16.png

If so, then they are supposed to be on the right hand side, and as far as I'm aware there's no option to customize the position - sorry.

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I found the v20 link through google search.  So I am now trying it out.  I figured the ribbon was loading correctly, just not sure why SP moved it.  The previous v17 version had the buttons organized better IMHO.  So far,  all I am seeing that is new is the GUI colors, fonts, and tool bar location changes.  No new features or functionality that we would use.

Copper Contributor

Using ACTv20 for WEB now for about a week.  Not worth the update.  No new usable features, and the GUI is goofy.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Can I get a definition list this is confusing.

JonTaylor.  Your ACT screen capture should be what's called Global Toolbar Options?

Robertg.  The left most of ACT is called Navigation Pane. It would help if you screen capture what you can and annotate it your expectations. 

Outlook GUI there is a Tab "Add-ins" which has 6 commands. I noticed and learned in V19 that you can no longer add the ACT icons into Outlook top Left Ribbon bar (Outlook Options Quick Access Toolbar). 

JM

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a snapshot of Act for Web V17, which is better organized and in appearance than v20

Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here is a snapshot of v20 for Web, which is spread out, and is "much Worser" in appearance than v17.  Who puts toolbars on the right when there is so much space on the left?  On a large HD 4k widescreen monitor, that is a long way to travel to click on buttons.  But the bigger question: WHY, WHY, WHY? Did somebody put all that work into changing up the interface, but not improve the program? 

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Robertg,

Pic's help a lot.  Just a dumb check but you are running ACT desktop not Act for Web?

I agree with JonT. new version ACT should not look that way your missing all the Global Toolbar Options

Check the far right top area for ribbon drop down to open up the options check boxes what to display. See my JPG capture V19.2 when all are unchecked.

Must be a bad install or make sure you installed latest update and hotfix patch. If still no joy contact support.

GlobalBarmissing.jpg

JM

Update My Bad RoberT I did not see your whole V20 screen capture.  The Buttons are located FAR! right not that they are missing.  Still this can't be an ACT design must be a bug or display setting bug you found on 4K display?