Do you mean 

V19.2 E-mail setup Wizard not showing outlook system

Accepted Solution Solved
JM
Nickel Contributor
Accepted Solution

V19.2 E-mail setup Wizard not showing outlook system

[ Edited ]

Prem V19.2 after installed E-mail setup Wizard Step 2 of 3 not showing outlook system.

I've reinstalled Office 365 and completely removed and reinstalled ACT but no help.

Office 365 Ver 1705 (build 8201.2075, Outlook 2016 (16.0.8201.2075) 32bit 

JM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎06-11-2017 08:23 PM
Copper Contributor

Re: V19.2 E-mail setup Wizard not showing outlook system

Hello.  Well, I had this exact same issue for the past 10 days and just fixed the issue.  I opened a ticket with Act on this and they did not know how to fix.  But I found the following knowledgebase article and followed it (downgrading to the 4229 version of office 365) and it solved it immediately.  I was running ACT 19.1 premium 19.1 update 2 and then upgraded to 19.2 and still had the issue.  I had the same builds as you did.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580/~/contact-and-calendar-sync-between-act%21-and-outlo...

This was a very frustrating issue and why I can not stand this new update model from Microsoft for office and windows 10. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Dave

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JM
‎06-11-2017 08:23 PM
Copper Contributor

Hello.  Well, I had this exact same issue for the past 10 days and just fixed the issue.  I opened a ticket with Act on this and they did not know how to fix.  But I found the following knowledgebase article and followed it (downgrading to the 4229 version of office 365) and it solved it immediately.  I was running ACT 19.1 premium 19.1 update 2 and then upgraded to 19.2 and still had the issue.  I had the same builds as you did.

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580/~/contact-and-calendar-sync-between-act%21-and-outlo...

This was a very frustrating issue and why I can not stand this new update model from Microsoft for office and windows 10. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Dave

JM
Nickel Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dhayes,

Thanks a bunch!! that link to run a BAT file worked for Wizard to see Outlook address book client.

I knew I was on the right track but I had to first spend a LONG time removing c:\Windows.old files to free up space.  I had no plans going back on Win10 version and could free up 20GB on my SSD.  It took a while because I had to figure out how to change all the files Advanced Security properties that the Owner was set to Trusted windows service.

Here is link How To Disable Office 365 Updates that also if want can do for Windows.

FYI I noticed performance increase when I turned off in Windows the Indexing Service, thinking that was my initial source of trouble.

How to Turn off Windws Indexing Service

OutlookAccoutAbout.jpg

JM

Bronze Elite Contributor

Have the same problem on later version of Outlook. Fix did not work.

ACT V19.2 Premium

MS Office 365

Outlook version 1705 (Build 8201.2075 click to run.)

No Outlook option in ACT - Outlook wizard.

Copper Contributor

Hello...I am surprised the fix did not work.  Did you follow exactly?  My build was at the same build as yours and when I ran the BAT file that was provided in the article it downgraded the 4229 and it worked.  If the build is at Build 8201.2075 it will not work.  Also, make sure you run the "fixit" from Microsoft's web site to make sure you are on the proper release channel.

JM
Nickel Contributor

Dhayes,

Did I miss the BAT file run a Fixit step, or is there place to run fixit?

If another step to run what is the link to fixit, or is there only one fixit to run that will correct release channel.

Interesting this morning PC booted up and I got this Upload Center message that I've never seen before.  I ran it and one thing it did was recovered 10 XLS files.

Office_UploadCentermessage.jpg

JM

Nickel Super Contributor

i ran the update file to get to 4229 and disabled updates for office. The user is now saying her Skype does not work? Any thoughts on this?

Steve McCandlish
JM
Nickel Contributor

sfaexpert,

Not sure will help with Skype but I had MalwareBytes Prem. 3.0 which prevented Office 365 latest and even the downgraded to 16.0.4229 Excel file browser or Save As to hang.  I get Malwarebytes update 3.1 and problem solved.

JM

Copper Contributor

Try this fix https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3178906/icloud-crashes-when-synchronizing-data-with-outlook...

I had the same issues the fix reverts back to a known build of Office that works but you have to disable auto updates in Office which I'm not hat keen on doing.

Bronze Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

With all the problems with ACT and 365 the client purchased a copy of Office 2013 cheaply on the internet and now all working very well.

I don't think that Swiftpage can  honestly claim to be 365 compatible at the moment. Even when I made the recommended changes it would send an email but as soon as you tried a mail merge of more that 2 emails it crashed. The forum is full of complaints about the integration of ACT and Outlook 365 plus the striping of attachments I believe that the whole ACT - Outlook interface needs completely rethinking and rewriting. There was talk that this was being done and then a " Who told you that" response when I mentioned here in the forum.

Can we have a statement on the way forward about ACT - Outlook integration as the current situation is not acceptable and we at the sharp end of customer complaints need reassurance..