Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V18 to V19 Issue - Contact Not Matching Contact Name I Clicked

V18 to V19 Issue - Contact Not Matching Contact Name I Clicked

[ Edited ]

When I pull up contacts and click on the contact I want the contact that opens is not the contact I clicked on.

No server...my private computer.

Windows10

Administrator

Re: V18 to V19 Issue - Contact Not Matching Contact Name I Clicked

Hi ksdc414,

Please can you confirm what exact version of Act! you are running by clicking on Help > About Act!
This should display similar to Act! Premium Version 19.0.147.0, Update 3

Does this issue occur after you have done a lookup of specific contacts?

Does it happen after clicking on Lookup > All Contacts and clicking on a contact?

Does the issue occur on any other databases, i.e. the Demo database?

Hi Gary!

I am running Act! Premium (Web) Version: 19.0.155.0.

It occurs when I attempt to look up a contact.  Once I do that I get a list, then when I try to click on the actual contact I was looking for it open a completely different contact.

Lookup = Contact

Contains = First couple letters of contact

Receive List

Click on actual contact

Different contact open

I dont know how to access the demo database.  If you could tell me how, I would be happy to test it.

Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Administrator

Are you using the desktop installed software, or are you accessing the web interface though a browser?

To open a demo database in the desktop software, click File > Open/Share Database. If there is no demo database listed here, click Browse For Database and check in your Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases folder for a demo database .PAD file.

Web interface

Administrator

Which web browser are you using?

If you're using Internet Explorer, check out this Knowledgebase article on recommended browser settings for IE: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38231

Normally I use Chrome but when the issue started happening I checked IE, Firefox and Edge...all have the same problem.  I made sure my Windows updates were all up to date and they were.  I restarted my computer.  The other problem that I am having is with being able to attached pdfs in the history section.  I entered a note right before this issue with that one.  It is across all browsers as well.  I have an assistant who all she does is enter history and upload docs.  She is now at a stand still because of this issue and has been since the upgrade.  I will check out your article.  Thanks for helping me.  Much appreciated.

I changed the settings based on the article link and IE is now working but Chrome is not.  I can get by with IE but I prefer to use Chrome.  Do you know if there are any similar instructions for Chrome?

Administrator

[ Edited ]

Hi ksdc414,

I am not able to replicate this issue. I have a few additional quests for you that might help us troubleshoot this:

1. Does the issue occur for you every time you perform a lookup using the steps you posted above, or just some times?
  2. When the incorrect contact is opened, is it always the same contact, or a different one each time you perform a lookup?
  3. If it's different every lookup, is the contact that opens actually a contact from the lookup results, just not the one you clicked on? If so, is the contact physically near the selected contact in the lookup results?

In regards to recommended browser settings for Chrome, we recommend the general settings as described in the following Knowledgebase article: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38158

I am no longer having the issue.  It lasted for about a week and then magically went away.

Thanks for checking back.  Smiley Happy