Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V18 sync w/Outlook Exchange 2013

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

V18 sync w/Outlook Exchange 2013

We're looking to upgrade to V18 and wondered if the 2-way sync between ACT and Outlook Exchange 2013 has been improved to work without third party sync software. In the past there were duplication issues going directly between the 2 programs. Just looking for some real world experiences from people actually using it. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jered
‎06-20-2016 05:58 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: V18 sync w/Outlook Exchange 2013

[ Edited ]

Ok, since all our emailers contain images (photos of our inventory listings) we were hoping we could do that in v18, but we'll look into the emarketing.

Regards

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Synchronization between Act! and Outlook does not generate problems.

What I suggest is not synchronize Outlook with another service or mobile device because this is what can create a problem by duplication of contacts and activities.

In my case, I decided to give my users a remote database to each, so that in this way they can see any contact information - anywhere

My users use Microsoft Surface for more comfort, and they integrate Act! Outlook 2016 32Bit only to create history records for the emails sent.

I suggest to all users Act! convert their database in the first and only one store of contact and activities information  - in that case... Outlook  is just the way to send and receive emails.

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Contributor

Ok. That helps.

One last thing - can you comment on the mail merge feature? I've heard it's been improved in the latest version.

We currently use Outlook to send out graphical email campaigns, but we could just use ACT if it does good picture emails.

Thanks

Administrator

For mail merges containing images, I would suggest using Act emarketing to design the templates and send these out.
There is currently a known issue in Act v18.1 where mail merges that contain images sent through Outlook, will produce unexpected results (D-04092).
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jered
‎06-20-2016 05:58 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, since all our emailers contain images (photos of our inventory listings) we were hoping we could do that in v18, but we'll look into the emarketing.

Regards

Administrator

Act emarketing is built into Act v18, and comes with the basic level for free. You can see what's included here: http://www.act.com/pricing/act-emarketing
Copper Contributor

Gary W wrote:
For mail merges containing images, I would suggest using Act emarketing to design the templates and send these out.
There is currently a known issue in Act v18.1 where mail merges that contain images sent through Outlook, will produce unexpected results (D-04092).

D-04092 Originally mentioned in February 2016 here http://community.act.com/t5/Act/Images-in-mail-merged-e-mails-appearing-as-attachments/m-p/318982/hi...

Are you guys actually planning on fixing this? Or is this one of the things you'll save to fix in a new version to get people to spend more money and upgrade to V19. Or maybe you'll push people to take a subscription on the Act E-marketing, right?

It's been over 7 months, without a single mention. We're stuck with V17, can't upgrade due to this, users complaining (because we're on windows 10 error when closing act). Can't risk upgrading to Office 2016 because chances are it'll probably not work very well with Act V17 knowing Act.

We're kind of getting this feeling: "What on earth are we really paying for each year.". Each year we only seem to get a few useless/meaningless features, and a boatload of new bugs. Every time Microsoft brings a new version of Windows/Office, Swiftpage (and Sage before it) only seems to add compatibility for it in their new version releases which seems to me to be a cash grab.

Administrator

Hi EUROPOWERGenerators,

There is currently development effort being put into improving compatibility with the Act and Microsoft Office integration. This work is closely linked to the work needed to fix this defect. We expect this to be completed for v19, and depending on the development workload, we can look at backporting this fix for v18 also.

There are other workarounds for this issue as explained in my post here: http://community.act.com/t5/Act/Images-in-mail-merged-e-mails-appearing-as-attachments/m-p/321160#M7...