Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

V18 Error Message: Database found, don't have share permissions

V18 Error Message: Database found, don't have share permissions

We have just upgraded our existing versions (16/17) to 18 Premium. 2 machines work fine, database can be accessed with no issues. On the 3rd machine, when I attempt to open the ACT! database, I receive a message stating:

The 'DELLOWNER-PC' (this is our home base computer) and "XXXdatabasename" database were found but you do not have the appropriate share permissions to access the '\\DELLOWNER-PC/XXXdatabasename" folder on the "DELLOWNER-PC" computer. You may need to enable file and print sharing in the firewall of the DELLOWNER-PC computer.

I have enabled file & print sharing for both public and private, on both machines. Still receiving the error. I am an everyday user tasked with this installation/upgrade, so please allow some grace in your explanation. The KB response gave multiple possibilities for the causes of the issue, none of which I could easily understand or deploy.

Thanks.

Employee

Re: V18 Error Message: Database found, don't have share permissions

Hi,

The easiest solution is from the machine where it doesnt work try opening run command and type \\<server-name>

Example: if the main machine name hosting database is server02 then open run command and type \\server02 and check if it opens the shared folder.

If it doesnt reboot the machine and check again.

It seems like this machine is unable to connect to the server hosting the database.

Also try disabling any third party or antivirus/firewall software.

thank you