Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Skype with ACT

Highlighted

Re: Using Skype with ACT

I am using ACT since ACT2 so a long time User

I downloaded both versions, and Dial-it gives much more options, and it is with a one time payment of 49.90 cheaper. 

I also like the fact that CRMADDON provides a Automated Helpdesk, and responds very quick to Change requests. 

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

I do not understand what to do when it tells me to do the following: Please create an ACT! field with Skype in the display name to select a field use for Skype Handle. This is used to matacg incoming and outgoing interactions with ACT! contact. I have never used Skype or this program before. I think this is my last thing I have to do prior to it working. Please help :-)
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

There are two way you can call with Skype:

1. To another Skype user - this is free

2. To a normal land-line or mobile - this requires SkypeOut credit

If you want to call people's Skype accounts, then you need to know their Skype account (similar to their phone number). So you need to add a field in ACT! to store the SkypeID

Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Any special names or functions, etc to choose from or linking, etc?
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

You need to create a field in ACT! to store contacts Skype Handles.  Skype Handles are unique names (usernames) on Skypes network used to uniquely identify a Skype user.  In order to use Skype to Skype functionality (Skype Call, SMS, File Transfer, etc) a contact's Skype Handle needs to be stored in thier contact record.  This field is also used to find the contact when another Skype user calls you through Skype.  It is not required, but you won't be able to link who the Skype Caller is to the ACT! contact without it.

the videos may help:

http://calloncrm.com/OnlineHelp/CallOnCRMSkypeVideoTutorials/tabid/242/Default.aspx

Gavin Stevens – CTO - MCPS, MCSD, MCAD, MCNPS, MCTS
gavin@calloncrm.com
CRM Integration Systems, LLC.
(480) 385-2512 office (888) 90-CRMIS toll free
Do you Call On CRM!?
http://www.CallOnCRM.com
"Seamless integration of ACT! by Sage with BroadSoft "hosted PBX" VoIP platform & Skype!"
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

It is telling me my license has expired. I did skype settings to grant me access, and I go to licensing and I get told it has expired.
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

Please other users, watch all of the videos- it will answer 99% to 100% of your issues.
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

So, you got everything working ok now ?
Gavin Stevens – CTO - MCPS, MCSD, MCAD, MCNPS, MCTS
gavin@calloncrm.com
CRM Integration Systems, LLC.
(480) 385-2512 office (888) 90-CRMIS toll free
Do you Call On CRM!?
http://www.CallOnCRM.com
"Seamless integration of ACT! by Sage with BroadSoft "hosted PBX" VoIP platform & Skype!"
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

No, my IT support who hosts my database would like to chat with you for two seconds. michaelk@designr1.com
Highlighted
Tuned Listener

We need to know when making the field for the handler if we have to do anything special with it. Plus, I have ACT Preoum 2010 on my desktop too, and I cannot find the icons (phone and Skype) to go next to the number and handler like I see in your video.