08-03-2010 03:10 PM
I noticed on remote users (using Network Sync) a few contact records whos fields and Oppt. fields where not updated from the Publisher DB. The last edit date on remotes are 1-3 days older than the Publisher records. I've run the complete gambit for dectect repair and ACTDIAG, checked sync set's ALL is set, even updated a field or two on both remote and publisher DB's to trigger a new forced sync for those contact records.
Any other way to force a complete sync or how Sync works before I have to recreate new remote DB's and upload and recover them to remotes?
08-04-2010 11:48 AM
I wouldn't necessarily jump in and change things yet.
Depending upon how many sync users you have in your setup, there can be appropriate 'apparent' delays in data being moved around.
Keep in mind changes get created by different users in different copies of the database in your sync set at differing times...
As such, the data on a single remote and the host are not the end all in the equation, the other remotes in the set need to be accounted for.
If you were able to sync each remote in succession, multiple times and have no one chaging the host, until absolutely no more changes were coming in or out of any of the databases - i.e. - things were truly static all the way around - and THEN you had data differences, then I might be concerned about sync.
08-04-2010 12:57 PM
I have 3 User licenses and three remote sites setup.
One remote PC at office (used more as backup and testing with real active company DB) sits next to my Publisher PC running Network Sync server. Two more remote PC's off site.
This week I did what I've done in the past that worked.
I remote LogmeinPro controlled into two remote sites to do sync now than did F5 refresh to see the quote field in contact records on remotes did not update to Won like it was set on the Publisher system. I even changed a value in other fields and repeat the sync's still nothing. Also note the Oppt. records for those few contacts this week did not get updated on remote sites. If I go into another contact record on remote make changes than sync now they get carried over to Publisher PC Okay.
That's why I think I have to send them new Remote DB and restore them and run my series of tests to see if Sync is working completely.
08-05-2010 06:17 AM
So, if I understand what you are saying - it seems that the lack of sync is specific to a certain contact record or records, not a particular remote database or field...
If you create a new contact record, does it push through the system?
Can you run the database repair and rebuilds on all of the databases and test again?
08-05-2010 08:23 AM
As stated in original post I've run the complete detect and repair frrm ACT and than the gambit of steps using ACT Diag on Publisher and remote DB's. I did not create a new contact record rather I change fields data in other contact records on both Publisher and remotes than ran Sync now and confirmed Sync worked. The way I use ACT is different than most others based on I already have a list of contacts for each location which represents a location to monitor and sell to. I only need to update the contact records address, phone, create Oppt., insert activity histories, ect..
Very odd why these records don't update when infact on the remotes the last edit date is 1-2 days older than publisher of those records. Even if I figured a way to make sync correct the few records I found that are off. I'm concerned there will be others I have not yet looked through DB to besure I got them all. It would help to understand how ACT sync checks records to know when and what to sync. My thinking is there is a trigger date time stamp for Contact, Company, Oppt ect.. records and than sync will drill down through each field's date-time stamp and the one more current gets pushed/pulled into DB.