Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Using Mail Merge to send to Groups using Outlook

Using Mail Merge to send to Groups using Outlook

Morning all

we have ACT! By Sage Premium for Web 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1 and Outlook 2010

We want to send emails out to a lot of people in our database. I have created groups of 100 people and I have found out when I attempted to send a mail merge to one of the group that the emails never made it as they got stuck on ther server. Our web server will only allow 10 to to be sent at a time and as it gets 100 requests in one go it blocks them from being sent. This can't be changed on server unfortuantely.

Is there a way around this? Can I change a setting anywhere to only send a few at a time from each group so it doesn't block the server up?? I looked at the swift page feature but do not want to sign up to a monthly fee as we don't often send mass mails out to our database.

Thanks

Rob

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Using Mail Merge to send to Groups using Outlook

Hello Rob,
Unfortunately, there is not a method in ACT! for staggered email merges. You would need a third-party app (like Swiftpage) to do this or wold need to manually send out a few at a time.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.